PDA

View Full Version : shortstacked with a shortstack to the right of me

DrewOnTilt
05-30-2004, 10:05 PM
I just got blinded out of an SNG where I was shortstacked with another, roughly equal shorstack to my immediate right. I caught a couple of hands that might have been worth a push/attempt at stealing the blinds, but he was always ahead of me on the all-ins.

How can I handle this in the future? When shortstacked, with what hands should I call an allin from another shorstack?

Profit
05-31-2004, 12:16 AM
how short is short in comparison to the blinds? How often is this guy putting u all in? I am assuming you are in the BB when he does this?

I'm folding almost everything to a short stack going all in, IF another player is involved in the hand. If it is just the two of you, and i am assuming you are on life support, i am calling with any ace, just about any king. I'm amazed at how hard of a time i am having answering this question since i run into it all the time. I see people calling all the time too with any face. Unfortunately i normally have a weak ace and get beat by something like j 7 /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm not sure on a "textbook answer" it's more just from observing this player's tendancies.
If you want to send me a hand history of the tourney i would be happy to look over the end of it and make a few suggestions

DrewOnTilt
05-31-2004, 03:12 AM
pop account is down now so I can't get to the histories