PDA

View Full Version : Best option for depositing? (haven't played at Party or Empire yet)

Moyer
05-30-2004, 08:14 PM
Well, I'm almost ready to make my first deposit to Party Poker (or Empire, not sure which yet). I know I know, I'm stupid for not doing it earlier.

Anyways, I'll probably be putting in a lot of hours there once I get started, so I really need to find the best deal before I start playing.

Are there any advantages to playing at Empire instead of Party?

Is it still easy to play at both if you sign up on someone else's computer?

What's the going rate for rake rebates?

Anything else I should know before I sign up?

Legend27
05-30-2004, 09:33 PM
I always use neteller for party and empire. I'd say it's better to play at party since they have more mulit tournies with plenty of people

Moyer
05-31-2004, 12:42 PM
Yes, Neteller is great.

Is the IGM bonus still going on?

Moyer
05-31-2004, 12:45 PM
What's the deal? A serious question and only 1 person responds?(BTW thanks Lengend)

Do I have to post this in the SS forum? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

chrisdhal
05-31-2004, 01:37 PM
Probably because the subject is fairly limited. It asks about one particular thing, but then you go on to ask a few different questions. For depositing Neteller, IGM, FirePay, etc. are all good. There may be extra bonuses using some specific one, but you'll probably have to check right when you want to sign up as they change, potentiall day to day.

You can, with some fanagling, create accounts at Party and Empire. Party has better tourneys, but having accounts at both allows you to make use of bonuses at both places.

There's no problem playing on somebody else's computer, just don't let it save your username/password.

Not sure about rake rebates, that's up to an affiliate.

Moyer
05-31-2004, 10:55 PM
I guess you're right. I never realized it would read like that. I actually have no questions about what to deposit with. I'm very comfortable with Neteller.

I am wondering about bonuses/rake rebates I guess. And also an option that allows some players to earn interest on the money in their Party accounts (as far as I know though, this is no longer available to new players).

I just didn't want to jump in, make a deposit, and then find out I missed out on a better bonus.

Maybe I should make another post asking for affiliates.

mike1212
05-31-2004, 11:00 PM
Don't worry about missing out on the Party interest. They are canceling that bonus at the end of next month anyway.

Mike Haven
06-01-2004, 12:13 AM
i'm not criticising - i'm just asking

is neteller US-based?

is there any reason to suppose its funds won't be confiscated for "supporting" the offshore gambling industry? there could hardly be a higher-profile "supporter"

mike1212
06-01-2004, 12:39 AM
I think Neteller is in Canada, but definately not US based.