PDA

View Full Version : Just curious - what are the rules on sitting out at PokerStars?

beach_bum
05-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Can anyone tell me what the rules for a player being picked up are at PokerStars in the following situations:

1) Full table
2) table with open seat that eventually fills up
(in other words if you are at a table with an open seat sitting out for x number of hands do you get picked up on the first round after it fills up with one person on the list?)

Thanks

dfscott
05-30-2004, 06:26 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. When a table is full, you can get on the waiting list. When that table becomes available, a box will pop up and you'll get something like 60secs to decide if you want to take the open seat at that table. For a table that's not full, you just click on the seat.

After you're seated, you'll be ask to post a big blind or wait for the big blind to come around before being dealt a hand. If you come in between the dealer and the BB, you have to wait for the button to pass before being allowed to come in.

If you decide to sit out, you can sit out for a certain number of missed blinds (I think it's 3 orbits) before getting dropped from the table. If you do come back, you have to make up any missed blinds.

If you were asking something different, let me know and I'll try to answer it -- I've played all my games at PokerStars. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HUSKER'66
05-30-2004, 06:27 PM
On a full table you are picked up after the third orbit without any action.

Table not yet full....you last until table fills, then above situation applies.

Husker

beach_bum
05-31-2004, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On a full table you are picked up after the third orbit without any action.

Table not yet full....you last until table fills, then above situation applies.

Husker

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,
Thanks both of you for the info. I understand that you get picked up after three rounds at a full table. To clarify the second half of my question:

Lets say you have been sitting out for five rounds at a short table. Now the table fills up. Do you have another three rounds before you are picked up or do you now get picked up sooner than another three rounds because of the rounds you missed when it was short?

Thanks