PDA

View Full Version : check/calling from the SB

Keats13
05-30-2004, 04:38 PM
UTG is a bit loose, but his PFRs generally mean something. Rest of the table is pretty loose/passive

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Keats13 is SB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Keats13 calls, BB folds.

With all the cold-callers, I figured KTs was worth a look here.

Flop: (13 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
Keats13 checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, Keats13 calls.

Thought about betting into the PFR, but I decided to just let him bet and take the huge pot odds that would result.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Keats13 checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

With TP and a flush draw, I again considered betting out, but I decided to check my outs again. When it got checked through, I started to think my K might be good.

River: (8.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Keats13 checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO folds, Keats13 calls, UTG folds.

When the other flush got there, I didn't think I could call a raise, so I checked to see if anyone would bluff at the pot.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

So I had valid reasons at the time for each check/call, but whenever I check/call every street I feel like I need to take a close look at the hand, to see if those reasons made sense.

Kluddeludde
05-30-2004, 04:47 PM
I like your play, except on the flop. I would bet out here and hope that UTG raises you, thus forcing any flushdraws to call two cold.

Would you have checkraised UTG if he had bet on the turn?

Kludde

Keats13
05-30-2004, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you have checkraised UTG if he had bet on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

If both other players had come along, yes.
If they folded and it was HU, no.
If one of them called and the other folded, maybe.

At least, that was my intent.