PDA

View Full Version : Table selection (mainly at UB and Stars)

Gomez22
05-30-2004, 02:48 PM
I did a search for "table selection" back to the 1st of the year for this forum, but all I could find were posts relating to Party/Empire.

I play the $50 tables at both UB and Stars, and would like to know what anyone thinks about table selection at these 2 particular sites...

Typically, I look for a flop seen % of 40-49%... I tend NOT to go above 50% tables, as I think the varience can be way too high(never tried a 50%+ table, it's just an unfounded assumption, but I'm sure a table has changed on me while I was there from time to time). Ideally, I like the flop seen % to be around 44%.

Along with this, I look for pot size. To go with the 40-49% of flops seen, I WANT to see pots that average at least 10 big bets(or 20 times the big blind), so for a $50 NLHE game, I'm looking for a table around 44% flops seen, and a pot size of at least $10, but the higher, the better....

I know that pot sizes are calculated on the last 20 hands or so, and that it might not always stay that way, but at least it gives me, what I think, a good starting foundation for the table type.

Anyone have any thoughts or things I may also look for on UB and Stars in regards to table selection? Think I should look for looser tables(above the 50% range for flops seen?)?

Just wondering if I'm getting all I can from table selection.....

'Mez