PDA

View Full Version : I finally got PT, now what? crosspost

twolf
05-30-2004, 11:04 AM
What is the easiest way to import hand histories. I read through all of the sites help and it confused the hell out of me. I have a hotmail account and it said there is an "additional option" button in the "options" section and I could not find it. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Nick B.
05-30-2004, 11:17 AM
You have to manually save the emails as text and then use the import button. The Email features don't work with the free email addresses like Yahoo and Hotmail, unless you pay for the Yahoo mail.

MicroBob
05-30-2004, 11:48 AM
save the e-mails as a text file (note...you shouldn't have to copy-and-paste as some do....it's a waste of time).

i have a folder with various files titled hh1, hh2, hh3 and so forth.
when i get 10 or so HH e-mails...i just copy them over on the same file over and over basically.

also, you will probably want to use the 'auto-request' feature in the utilities function. p-tracker will request the e-mails for you.

if you have a pop3 e-mail address on outlook-express you can also set it up so that the e-mails are automatically imported into p-tracker....but i was unable to do this for some reason because i somehow screwed up my outlook-express and need to take get some tech-help with it.

note - your regular e-mail address like yahoo or aol is NOT a pop3 address. these are different somehow.

but it's not that big a deal that my outlook express doesnt get me very far....
importing them myself is a bit more cumbersome but i'm used to it and it's not terribly time-consuming....i import a few HH e-mails every 2 hours or so (to empty out my e-mail box) while i'm playing 4 tables.

Spyder
05-30-2004, 11:52 AM
It's soooo much simpler if you use a regular e-mail account (which you should have if you're online) and Outlook Express (which is free with Windows).

Hotmail & Yahoo are complete garbage if you ask me. You get so much overhead with them in terms of pop-ups and other annoying garbage that they're more trouble than they're worth because they cost you bandwidth, CPU time, Memory, disk space...just about every conceivable resource your computer needs.

Spyder

TobDog
05-30-2004, 12:05 PM
Ok heres my 2c worth...

I have a pop3 email domain affiliated with my website and I use an exclusive email address for poker only that I manually check thru the web server(not thru outlook) to check emails with. You can set up PT to goto the email login and retreive your email that are oon that email account before you ever get them yourself. My site host uses a program called iMail, most "free email" you can get on the web used to use iMAil, but that has worked without any problems for me.

tobdog

ctv1116
05-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Well, if you can set up Outlook with your e-mail address, all you have to do is move the HH emails to the Outlook Inbox. However, if you have a Yahoo! account, you will have to save them manually. At the very bottom of the screen on the right, there is a "Save Message Text" button. You just click on it, cllick save, then save it to a poker folder. Once you get the hang of it, you can click through 10 HH in about a minute. But the Outlook method, takes about 5 seconds, so that's certainly preferable.

jslag
05-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Try cotse.net if you want a GREAT email account. I'm not affiliated with them and get nothing for making this recommendation. I just love their service. It's $5.95/month, but it's so powerful (unlimited aliases, web space, proxies, spam protection, filters, POP3-S,)... I use their service with Outlook and grab all my hand history emails with the Check Email button in PokerTracker. I also use a utility called Express ClickYes that automatically clicks Yes for you when Outlook 2003 complains that another application is trying to access email.

http://www.cotse.net

Just look at their feature list to understand why their email service is the BEST:

http://www.cotse.net/privacyservice.html#email

/images/graemlins/spade.gif j. /images/graemlins/spade.gif