PDA

View Full Version : No Limit mentality

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-30-2004, 08:37 AM
Maybe I play too much NL, but I didn't think the following play was *that* moronic. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paradise 1/2. I'm in the BB with 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Folded to MP2 who raises, CO & Button cold call, SB folds. I call closing the action getting 7-1 figuring if I hit 2 pair or better, I get reasonable good implied odds. If I don't flop anything promising, I check fold and it only costs me 1 sb.

4 see the flop for 8 sb

Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, MP2 bets, all call. (4 bb)

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, MP2 bets, CO folds, button calls, I raise, both call. (10 bb)

River: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, MP2 calls, button folds.

No surprises, MHIG. He shows A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif and calls me a moron. I then make the mistake of not typing back "sssshhh, I'm stacking your chips."

bunky9590
05-30-2004, 08:45 AM
Nice one Kurn. Smack him around a little.

I did a simialr move but in NL. called a small raise with hellstacks with 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif flopped the OESD, rivered runner runner trips.

Dude flipped when his AK TPTK didn't hold for a big chunk of change. He got the clarkmeister special that day.

After that hand I started getting smoking hot cards and raised literally 6 hands in a row PF. Clownfish then says, "see, give the guy some chips and he becomes a bully"

Reply? "Not just any chips, YOUR CHIPS"

Nice hand chief. Don't make it a habit of calling raises with that garbage in limit. Even though I know you have the skills to play it post flop it doesn't look like a call I want to make routinely with 84s when I can't make them pay when i hit.

Later,

Bunky

Bob T.
05-30-2004, 10:55 AM
I then make the mistake of not typing back "sssshhh, I'm stacking your chips."

Your only mistake as far as I can see.

Bob T.
05-30-2004, 10:58 AM
Don't make it a habit of calling raises with that garbage in limit.

I disagree. In a multiway pot, closing the action, I am calling this raise in the BB all the time.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Mike Gallo
05-30-2004, 12:16 PM
I then make the mistake of not typing back "sssshhh, I'm stacking your chips."

The only mistake you made in this hand /images/graemlins/grin.gif