PDA

View Full Version : Fossils!!

Jonathan
05-30-2004, 08:06 AM
Every Sunday morning, in the southern port city of Cadiz, Spain there is a flea market in the central plaza. Every Sunday morning for the past two years I take a stroll and look at the usual garbage....counterfeited CDs and videos, cheap t shirts and shorts, old pottery, batteries, books, copies of the 1956 tax code from Oskaloosa Iowa, etc., etc.

But this morning, for the first time in two years, I found a vendor selling fossils! What a coincidence! (I wonder if they know that the Fossilman won the WSOP, or if even if they know what poker is!). I couldn't resist buying two (for 2 euros) and placing them next to my computer. Now whenever I play a hand I think to myself, "How would the Fossilman handle this situation?"

Lets see if they work!

Suerte,
Jonathan

jdl22
05-30-2004, 10:56 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
Every Sunday morning, in the southern port city of Cadiz, Spain there is a flea market in the central plaza. Every Sunday morning for the past two years I take a stroll and look at the usual garbage

[/ QUOTE ]

Me cago en la leche, cuanto celos tengo de ti!

At this point I want two things - to be with my novia (she's in Oregon, I'll be there in two weeks!), and to go back to Sevilla. I studied there in 2000. I lived in Triana on the Plaza de Cuba. Andalucia is like nowhere else on Earth.

Hopefully if this game of poker goes well enough for me I can go back next year for the centenary of Sevilla futbol club and watch them in the UEFA Cup! My time off will be in April, if I can also go to the Feria I will be more excited than Lopera in the locker room shower.

Next time you hit a bar drink a tinto con limon for me.

HASTA LA MUERTE!!!

Jonathan
05-31-2004, 04:55 AM
I had wondered about that Sevilla FC escudo. I like Triana...interesting and muy flamenca.

Well, look me up when you can back down this way.

Suerte,
Jonathan

Toro
05-31-2004, 10:53 AM
Interesting article in today's Boston Herald. The headline is: Fiendish fossil filchers grabbing up dino tracks. OMG Greg look what you've started!!