PDA

View Full Version : What's FossilMan doing right now?

citanul
05-30-2004, 02:54 AM
I was playing a 10+1 sng this afternoon with a friend watching this afternoon, and the big stack at my table was relentlessly pounding into the table, stealing blinds left and right. My friend said, "Wow, this guy must have been watching Greg the last few days." I volunteered that perhaps it was Greg, unwinding a bit.

My mind wandered a bit, perhaps he had spent the 12 hours or so immediately following his victory in a Kristal bath, partying with the (other) rich and (other) famous, partying, clubbing, playing high stakes poker(?), etc, and then stumbled his way back to his room, possibly trashed, and decided to beat up on the low limits for giggles. This idea kind of appealed to me. Not that I think it's in any way what happened, but hey.

So, What do you guys think FossilMan did in the 24 hours immediately following his win? (Actual history from people who have talked with him, or heard direct accounts will count, but not get as many points for creativity.)

Please, don't answer anything to do with an Ebay fossil shopping spree involved.

citanul

MCS
05-30-2004, 02:56 AM
So you mentioned a "Kristal bath." I assume you meant Cristal champagne.

But I'd prefer to think you meant Krystal miniature hamburgers.

dsm
05-30-2004, 04:27 AM
{n/m}

PokerBabe(aka)
05-30-2004, 04:45 AM
That is not a LG picture. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bunky9590
05-30-2004, 09:29 AM
Now poker babe rolling around naked in $5MM cash?? Now thats every man's fantasy. Apologies to the hubby. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

05-30-2004, 07:22 PM
Oh come on now Miss Babe you can admit it, you're among friends. Now that Greg has all that cash, you (and every other woman) think he's the D-O-double Gizzle on da Nizzle.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

whiskeytown
05-31-2004, 10:45 AM
floozies....limos and floozies...

then he goes to a 2/4 or 3/6 table and buys in for a mil. just to piss people off...LOL

RB

Toro
05-31-2004, 11:06 AM
Despite 7 grueling 12 hour days where he probably didn't sleep very well, I'll bet he wasn't sleeping. I know whenever I've had a big day, I just lie there in bed all keyed up with the critical hands bouncing around in my head.

Sincere
05-31-2004, 02:23 PM
What I want to know, is how the hell do you carry $5 million dollars in cash out of binions without getting mugged?

Seriously, what happens here? I assume they provide some kind of security? But, what do you do with the money, there are no banks open at that time of night? Do they hold it for you, is the money just there for show, and they really wire it to your bank account. I would really like to know how that works.

slavic
05-31-2004, 02:32 PM
You have it wired to your bank.

Grivan
05-31-2004, 08:02 PM
Im sure you can find people to help you move the cash at any hour of the night. Money will buy anything in this world.

Greg (FossilMan)
06-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Let's see, I bet he watched the local news at 11 with his family, smiled at the film of himself winning, and then went to sleep. He then spent the next day working out the money with Mike O'Malley, and making/returning a lot of phone calls. He then woke up early Sunday to fly home on SouthWest with his wife and daughter. He then stayed up late Sunday night going through mail, email, and voicemail, and woke up early Monday to catch a ride to Boston to do a CNN interview on camera.

No booze, no hookers, no drugs, no piles of cash, really a very boring guy. Sheesh, what kind of champion is he, anyway?

How'd I do?

later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

John Cole
06-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Greg,

I started seeing a lot of posts with your name referenced, so I did a bit of checking. I guess I'm the last person here to find out you won some tournament.

Congrats and best wishes from Mary and me.

John

PS. You did about as I expected--on all counts.

Philuva
06-05-2004, 07:11 PM
I'll take you up on mine the next time I get to Foxwoods. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Phil

GOODBEATGUY2001
06-06-2004, 12:17 AM
Hi Greg,

Congratulations on winning The Big One. I was just wondering about your post here before the tournament started looking for someone willing to sell an entry to the WSOP when you mentioned during the CNN interview that you won a free one through PokerStars?

GBG2001

Mark Heide
06-06-2004, 01:41 AM
Greg,

So, how many fossils did you sell in Vegas?

Congradulations and good luck.

Mark

Greg (FossilMan)
06-06-2004, 01:14 PM
I was trying to buy a seat to save money. Then I won the very last double shootout on PS. Easy explanation.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Greg (FossilMan)
06-06-2004, 01:14 PM

LetsRock
06-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Greg,

This is the first post I've seen from you since your triumph, so I'll take this opportunity, say congratulations on a job well done. Thanks for making us all proud. I kind of feel like you're one of the guys, even though I've had no personal interaction with you.

I'm guessing your life is likely to be crazy for the next year or so (based on the Year of the Moneymaker) whether you like it or not. Best of luck on your "new" future.

Sloats
06-07-2004, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

No booze, no hookers, no drugs, no piles of cash, really a very boring guy. Sheesh, what kind of champion is he, anyway?

How'd I do?

later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

A hot tub at least? Tell us that you at least sat in a hot tub for thirty minutes and smiled.

Greg (FossilMan)
06-08-2004, 06:19 AM
Well, I've certainly smiled for at least 30 minutes. However, I hate hot tubs, and hot water in general, so I didn't do it in a hot tub. Don't worry, I'm having a very good time, even if it sounds boring in print.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)