PDA

View Full Version : Movin on up

Gamblor
05-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Late in last night's stars 11+Rebuys tourneys. After taking the chiplead in the 5th level, my stack has stagnated at around T40K. (I didn't take the rebuy as I was chipleader).

The blinds and antes have increased, everyone's stack has increased, mine has not.

So, blinds are now 2k/4k, my stack is . I haven't won a pot greater than the blinds in about 4 levels (mostly MP steals), so nobody has any sort of read on me - maybe that I'm tight.

There are 57 players left, but the real money, as usual is at the final table. Busting out 57th would triple my $20 investment, but hardly enough to make the 4 hours worthwhile.

I pick up 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in LMP. I have about T40K in my stack, so I make a raise to T10K. I get reraised the minimum (to T16k) by a healthy stack (healthier than mine).

I just call.

Flop comes J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

I push, and get called by 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Should I have laid down at any point hoping to move up in the prize chart? The structure was fairly flat, how much can I expect to make with only 10BB?