PDA

View Full Version : 66 on a paired flop?

TimM
05-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 24 BB, between UTG+1, Hero and SB.</font>

MCS
05-30-2004, 12:18 AM
Preflop: Seems good.

Flop: The pot at this point is 8 SB. Initially, I sort of liked the raise, because I think it gives you a good shot to knock out anyone with a 5. Play aggressively in big pots and such.

But then I was thinking, someone with a 5 is pretty far behind you, so maybe that's not much of a concern. The problem I see is that a lot of cards can beat you. You're way behind a 9. With a family pot like this, I'd probably fold. UTG+1's 3-bet could be a heart draw, and since you've already raised, I'd call. But now any heart is trouble, and you have to be concerned about there being a 9. I would feel like I needed a 6 on the turn.

Turn: Well, now you have to think you're best. Obviously you bet here.

River: I'd play it the same.

Bob T.
05-30-2004, 12:28 AM
Seems like a lot of money to put in on the flop drawing to what might be two outs.

sweeneyagonistes
05-30-2004, 01:02 AM
only problem with the river is the liklihood that UTG has 89. I really hate getting a lower full house and paying for it on the river, so if the river makes a likly full house. but there is no real reason to assume 89, other than its a good limper and no preflop raise. curious what happen

TimM
05-30-2004, 02:06 AM
When it gets to me it's 11 SB. I figured it was worth taking a shot at it. Good chance no one had a 9 (or my raise would help me find out), and I wasn't worried about a 5 in anyone's hand either way.

I was hoping to knock out the button and a bunch of the flop callers. The guys at this table would likely call with any and all kinds of overcards (which would later beat me for sure) but would probably fold here or on the turn if I represented a 9. UTG+1 helped me out a lot, so of course I'll never know how well that would have worked. Before UTG+1 raised, I also considered that I might even get a chance to take a free card, if I chose to go that way. Of course, this could all be stupid thinking, which is why I posted the hand.

Of course, once the 6 came the hand plays itself. Both opponents made their heart draws on the river, and MHIG. UTG+1 had the ace.

BigBaitsim (milo)
05-30-2004, 09:59 AM
I posted a hand almost exactly like this last week. I also raised on the flop, but with the intention of taking down the pot with a turn bet after UTG checked to me and it worked. In your case, you are check-raised by someone who almost certainly has you beat. The main difference between the hands is that I was up against only two other players, and thought the raise would get it to one, or take down the pot. I don't know that I'd raise into such a large field. With 7 players, someone has crap like Q9o and you are beaten. That having been said, I'd probably call his 3-bet, with the plan to fold the turn to a bet. Once the 6 comes out on the turn you have to think you're best and I'd get in every bet possible, which you did.