PDA

View Full Version : Stop and go with the straight draw only

samdash
05-29-2004, 06:05 PM
This is an interesting way to play against the more aggressive players in this game. It worked out nicely this time.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: samdash is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, Button folds, SB folds, samdash checks.

Flop: (2.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">samdash bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, samdash calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">samdash bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 4.20 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 3.20 BB, won by samdash.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by samdash.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. samdash wins 4.20 BB. </font>

tempest7178
05-29-2004, 08:10 PM
another title for the post could be "the semi-bluff succeeds!" Reminds me of an article written by Rolf Slotbloom (believe thats how you spell his name) in the most recent issue of cardplayer. Granted, his opposition was probably a little tougher.

BookOfIcculus
05-30-2004, 01:13 AM
Hi samdash, I'm sure this play is losing you money. Any thoughts to check folding or check calling the turn, or did you think UTG was semi-bluffing as well? I would imagine that you will be getting raised far more often than you can steal a pot.
Actually foget the last questions and answer me this: What do you do if a Jack falls?
Best Regards,
book

Steve Giufre
05-30-2004, 04:22 AM
Check calling the turn would probably be a mistake. It would depend on whether or not the Jack was an out, and how much action you were likely to get if you make your hand. If I chose to lead out, I would probably just call the raise and check the turn, but it would depend on the oppenent. I think that flop is gonna hit an UTG limper a lot of time, and once raised, I would tend not to keep pushing this one.