View Full Version : New Starting hands

easypete
05-29-2004, 03:48 PM
Just venting /images/graemlins/confused.gif

After my last 1500 hands at PP (from Thursday eve.), I have learned the new starting hands required to play PP.

1. AA has now been replaced as the best hand in hold'em. Disregard this hand. It is no longer playable. The new best hand is now 85o. Yes... 3-bet this if opportunity arises. This will take down high pocket pairs by catching runner runner flush w/ either the 8 or 5. Be sure to bet/raise all streets w/ this one.

2. KK is okay.... but what about 96s? It is strong for those straight and flush draws. This beauty will take down trips with no problem. As w/ the rest of the group 1 hands... don't be afraid to raise this preflop or even at scary flops like AK8... As long as you have one of the suits or omething to get a runner runner with... no problem.

3. QQ... no way... that's for players w/ no skill.... You must play 62o... That's right... 62o.... While not really a raising hand pf, you can call 3 bets cold w/ no possibility of loosing. (must learn to slow-play this hand for maximum benifit).

4. AKs... Negative on that one.... This hand is only good to steal the blinds with. Replace this hand with either Q4s or K8o... Both hands have the potential to destroy any AK.

5. JJ... this hand is still good.

6. AKo... Many times this will win you a small pot, but if you want a big pot... you must play 23s. Yes... Mississippi slick will win over Big Slick any day. Don't forget, you have more straight flush possibilities with this monster than that whimpy big slick.

Card reading is also much easier at PP... I may address this in another post. Mostly it goes something like this.

You have AKs and raised pf with one caller... Flop comes out AAQ... you bet... your opponent raises.... Next move should be to FOLD!

Yes... that's right... Fold.

It is obvious that your opponent holds QQ.

Here's to better days and looser tables.

I think I'm going to pursue selling those used paper clips. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

- Easy

LexusSC430
05-29-2004, 04:10 PM
We all have those days,

Just stick to hads that play better in a looser game like suited connectors. Hell, even throw in a KXs or QXs. You'd be surprised how often people will ignore the flush draw out there, allowing you to maximize profit.