PDA

View Full Version : the best fossilman quote

fritzwar
05-29-2004, 02:15 PM
So here's one of the best quotes from an old fossilman post -- at least it fits his situation now very well:

No. No. No!!

You still haven't gotten the lesson. Don't lend money. Ever. Not to friends, not to family, and 100% never to gamblers or poker players. When somebody is in a spot where they NEED a loan, they probably aren't going to be able to pay it back. If you feel sorry for them (especially the friends and family part), then give them the money. But don't ever lend it. You'll expect it back, they'll let you down, and then you'll hate them (and they'll hate you for owning a part of them).

The only persons who should be lending money are professionals. Banks. Credit Unions. Mortgage brokers, etc.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Double Eagle
05-29-2004, 03:41 PM
After finishing second in PStars Sunday Tourney in March Greg had this to say:

Thanks to all for your kind words and thoughts.

I got very lucky at many times throughout the tourney. Especially one all-in hand where I was still far from the final table, forced all-in by posting almost all my chips in the SB, heads-up against QQ while holding 43o. 44A flop. ;-) And there were many other hands I won with a lot of luck, so I don't want to complain.

But I certainly didn't get lucky heads-up. I think I had him all-in 4 times (3? 5?). I wasn't the favorite every one of those times, but with slightly different river cards I win the match on any of about 5 hands. Very tough. Very disappointing. I've said before, every time you don't win the tournament, you are disappointed. Even with a $40K towel to cry on.

But, I'm also very happy, and glad to see I've got so many friends here on 2+2. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Hope Harrah's doesn't cancal the WSOP. Would be a real shame to have to wait until next year to win it. ;-)

mike l.
05-29-2004, 08:06 PM
"Hope Harrah's doesn't cancal the WSOP. Would be a real shame to have to wait until next year to win it. ;-)"

lmao! yes that is definitely the top quote. nice one.

Ian J
05-30-2004, 12:37 AM
How bout this one.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But in some ways, isnt that a good thing for everyone, that he got lucky in a tournament and won millions?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course it's a good thing. But it would have been a much better thing if *I* had won the 2.5 million.