PDA

View Full Version : Will the masses flock to stars now?

Barry_G
05-29-2004, 04:08 AM
Four of nine players at the last table from stars. 316 total qualified. Do you expect a lot of sub-par players going to stars to try and live out their dream?

JayLeno
05-29-2004, 04:50 AM
Maybe....
First of all I expect a RELOAD BONUS VERY SOON!!!!
Mr. extreme super bonus whore

twolf
05-29-2004, 06:03 AM
Pokerstars is the next PartyPoker

Freudian
05-29-2004, 06:11 AM
Sure hope so. I really like the software but the players are a bit on the tough side compared to other sites. New blood would be fine.

It is pretty clear that Stars is a good training ground for tournament play though. Loads of tourneys and some very sharp competition.

Lazymeatball
05-29-2004, 06:15 AM
Remeber last year when Moneymaker won and everyone asked if the masses will flock to Stars now?
And remember how Party grew to 30k+ players and Stars grew but not nearly as much. Until Stars marketing policy of affilliates and bonuses can match party, Party will be top dog.

Poker Source Online
05-29-2004, 10:27 AM
I can vouch that Poker Stars affiliate program pretty much sucks! I agree, if they even came close to Party's program, they could surpass them in a year or two.

whiskeytown
05-29-2004, 11:02 AM
they already did flock to stars...but they play tournaments.

the ring games are hilarious....one fixed limit and 6-7 NL games...LOL - but yah, it is a fairly tough site compared to Party - so extra dork blood would help -

I was one of the first Pokerstars guys though...I'm happy.

RB

Frozen
05-29-2004, 11:52 AM
On the cruise, I said the exact same thing to Jones & Goldman. They replied that Stars will never implement a party-like affiliate program, as it is technically illegal for U.S. citizens to participate.

TheGrifter
05-29-2004, 12:01 PM
I second this, there is PLENTY of weak competition in the stars tournaments. The NL ring games are okay if you practice good game selection.

jayadd
05-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Lets get that reload bonus going Pstars.....

Jurollo
05-29-2004, 01:46 PM
I think everyone is forgetting the big issue here of why people eventually go to party... generally people who are new to online poker will pick the better AND FASTER software...which party is. They won't worry about world champions or who has tougher opponents.

daveymck
05-29-2004, 02:07 PM
For me it would be more of a reason not to play in stars MTT's than to play in them.

Having said that the players who made it to the final table eg Greg are in the main using it for a means to an end rather than being pure online players.

As it is not on TV till august it wont change anything short term anyway.

Its interesting to see how online players are doing in live tournies, the Poker Million is on in the UK at the moment a few players qualified by ladbrokes and in the main have been outclassed completely by the older more experienced players, a couple have done quite well but I dont think as yet any have got through the tv qualifiers.

dogsballs
05-29-2004, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they already did flock to stars...but they play tournaments.

the ring games are hilarious....one fixed limit and 6-7 NL games...LOL - but yah, it is a fairly tough site compared to Party - so extra dork blood would help -

I was one of the first Pokerstars guys though...I'm happy.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you happy being one of the first pokerstars guys? I don't get it.