PDA

View Full Version : AKo raised on turn after terrible card comes off.

asdf1234
05-29-2004, 01:48 AM
I don't have the hand history now, but I'll do it from memory.

Party 2/4, second hand at table, no reads.

I have AKo, no hearts, in the SB. First three players limp, I raise, BB and the limpers call.

Flop: AQ8 2 hearts.

I bet, two calls.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, one fold, other player raises, I...

asdf1234
05-29-2004, 03:06 AM
Well, quite honestly ther'es not a much worse card for my hand in that spot. It completes both viable draws on the flop. I'm getting like 5:1 on a call down, but do I win often enough here?

asdf1234
05-29-2004, 05:33 AM
Here's the actual hand

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero...

twolf
05-29-2004, 05:56 AM
I don't see the problem with 3-betting here, you have TPTK.

LAGmaniac
05-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Well it certainly could be a semi-bluff or a weaker Ace, I've seen it a lot, but I'm not sure it will be 1 out of every 5 times. Of course he may check through on the river if he was on one of those hands so you may be getting 9 to 1 on your money if you call here(not sure if my math is right here though). But don't listen to me, I can find all sorts of excuses to call down. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

If it were me I'd probably fold if the unknown had a username like Granny68 or WeakTightJoe44, but call down otherwise.

anatta
05-29-2004, 01:14 PM
Against unknown players, this is an easy fold for me. Your opponent raised with another player in the pot after the flush card came. Chances are you are behind to a flush or some other hand that beats one pair. Keep in mind that your opponent must read you for a good hand since you raised preflop, the flop came high, and you keep betting into three opponents, despite the flush card. If you are not folding one pair here, what kind of board and how many opponents do you need?

I wouldn't be so quick to put your opponent on some semi-bluff. After all, you have guy posting in this thread that presumably plays this game advocating 3-betting (terrible), and hardly anyone telling you to fold, so how often can a semi-bluff work at this limit?

lil'
05-29-2004, 03:39 PM
The problem with 3 betting the turn is that the raiser is screaming "I can beat your big ace."

James Boston
05-29-2004, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And he's probably behind to a flush. It's not an automatic fold, but it's definately not a re-raise situation.

asdf1234
05-30-2004, 07:42 PM
I folded. It was tough to come up with a hand I could beat at that point. The straight draw got there, the flush got there, there are many opportunities for two pair. After playing at the table for a while longer and observing the raiser's play, I think my chances of being ahead in that particular hand were approximately 0.