PDA

View Full Version : Overpair + action = trouble??

tempest7178
05-29-2004, 01:28 AM
QQ hand. Background info, CO is a manic, very loose standards preflop (any ace to a raise, any 2 suited to a raise, you get the idea), Button's play has been erratic, they have shown down big hands when raising and also been raising with little to nothing. No read on BB but a rather passive way to play a monstrous draw that gets there, no? I'm trying to play more aggresively (inspired by Ulysses and Schneids) but I feel like I lost a lot more on this hand than I should of. Would anyone lay it down to the flop re-raise? If I see the turn I definately have to call one more when i get the OESD but if its bet and raised behind me do I call two cold on the turn?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (20.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 26.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Qd 9d (flush, queen high).
CO shows Kc Jh (two pair, kings and jacks).
Button shows Ts Tc (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: BB wins 26.20 BB. </font>

stripsqueez
05-29-2004, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I lost a lot more on this hand than I should of

[/ QUOTE ]

feelings are fine but i'd like to know where you were saving the money

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

tempest7178
05-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Perhaps not capping the flop and check-calling the turn? Or are these plays too weak? Could my QQ be good here? It has been in the past but I didn't feel very confident this time around. Usually after betting and getting raised and re-raised on the flop (the re-raise isn't by a maniac) an overpair usually isn't good. I get the feeling you like the way I played it?

samdash
05-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Your QQ is good here the majority of the time on the flop. It is possible that you're actually an underdog at this point in the hand, with multiple draws possible. I would consider just calling the 3 bet on the flop and then going to war on the turn if a blank comes off.

fyodor
05-29-2004, 07:04 PM
I think you did fine. I doubt you could have lost less. If you don't cap the flop the maniac just might.

stripsqueez
05-29-2004, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps not capping the flop and check-calling the turn? Or are these plays too weak? Could my QQ be good here?

[/ QUOTE ]

your getting big odds on a flop cap - very possible you are behind but those odds protect you from making a big mistake - on the actual hand 1010 is one of the few horror holdings for your opponents - heaps of draws for your opponents to be betting with on this flop so i dont see a good reason not to cap

if the 3 better is a solid predictable player then not capping is possible - lots of players will 3 bet in this spot with a flush or straight draw or say KJo

[ QUOTE ]
I get the feeling you like the way I played it?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

stripsqueez - chickenhawk