PDA

View Full Version : Poker software

tchang
05-28-2004, 09:39 PM
Thanks to all who posted replies about my post. I appreciate the advice, and will attempt to get many more hands under my belt before being upset. One potential way I'm considering venting my frustrations is to code some sort of hand calculator designed for use with online poker games. Basically, put in your hand, put in the flop, and the program will show you the probabilities of making each possible hand. Is there something similar to this that already exists? If not, are there any extra features you guys can think of?

Tony

asdf1234
05-28-2004, 09:56 PM
Memorize the probabilities of hitting common draws. 4 outs, 8 outs, 9 outs would probably be the most important. This will be useful if you start playing live.

tchang
05-28-2004, 10:10 PM
I seem to have mis-communicated my intentions... I want to write such a piece of software, as part of my effort to learn more about the game. I'm just wondering if such software would be useful or whatnot...

manpower
05-29-2004, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
put in your hand, put in the flop, and the program will show you the probabilities of making each possible hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the closest thing to what you're talking about: http://www.twodimes.net/poker/
It doesn't show the probabilities for each hand, but it does show the probability to win. But hey, if you wanna whip up that, i'll use it from time to time.

EDIT:
I would guess that something like this would be most helpful to newer players, as I would guess that the more experienced players have become familiar with calculating odds of hitting a certain hand if not memorized the probablilities already.