PDA

View Full Version : McClain's Mistake

durron597
05-28-2004, 05:29 PM
So I'm having an argument with a friend over McClain's play, and it goes like this. My friend says he played it right. I say:

McClain calls Raymer's raise. Then you have a chance to get a read post-flop. On the other hand, you know he will call your allin anyway, since he has better than 3:1 odds on the call. When you see that JT8 board, you can try to see if he has that set or if he has a dominated hand like AK. At the very least you get a read and one more chance to fold - and wait for someone else to go out and make an additional $100,000

Can a more experienced player help settle this argument?

Paul2432
05-28-2004, 05:35 PM
Your friend is right. Greg would bet post flop when checked to almost automatically. You are not getting a read post flop. Better to get all-in when you are sure you have the best of it.

Paul

ohkanada
05-28-2004, 05:36 PM
No, mcclain played it perfectly. Get the chips in now when you are a big favorite. He isn't folding to any flop anyways.

Ken

durron597
05-28-2004, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are not getting a read post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not from the bet obviously, but from his body language. I know the advantage would be marginal, at best, but my problem is that I dont see the advantage in pushing, since you know that no matter what Raymer is getting either your chips or your cards in the middle no matter what.

TJSWAN
05-28-2004, 06:13 PM
Nope. Sorry. You will not get a read from Fossilman on any flop, John Vorhaus specificaly mentioned in a report that Greg is not looking at the board as the flops come down, but staring at his opponents while the flop is laid out.

AA=All in All the time

Tim