PDA

View Full Version : STRONG DRAW

maxpowers21
05-28-2004, 05:19 PM
My question on this hand is really if I should've bet the turn here based on how strong my draw was. I figure that the pot is so big that I expect at least 2 callers on 4th street but probably 3 and if i get three callers then I am making money by betting. However I might get raised or check raised and dont want to needless spend 2 big bets to draw here. Thoughts.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (15.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (15.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 15.50 BB, between Hero, CO, SB and UTG.</font>

J.R.
05-28-2004, 05:32 PM
With up to 21 outs on the turn (9 spades, 3 non-spade kings, 3 non-spade nines, perhaps 3 aces and 3 queens), your bet has value if called in 2 spots as nearly half the deck improves your hand. But a bet also opens you up to a raise from the CO, and its hard to imagine how anyone with a pair and an A or Q kicker will fold the turn given the pot size and flop heat, so a bet isn't likely to clean up your outs. Its also possible a 9 is trying to check-raise you, so you may not have all the outs you expect (this is pretty weak-tight thinking, though). I would probably check and consider check-raising for value if CO bet and got a call or 2.