PDA

View Full Version : Medium Suited Connectors - Stupid everywhere??

MagicRat
05-28-2004, 04:30 PM
I try these hands in EP on occasion to mix things up. Am I just throwing $$ away?? Flame away! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Staying with backdoor flush, straight potential as well as outs with 10s remaining...

Turn: (4 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

6 outs with 10s and gutshot draw...

River: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

At least I know when to call it quits! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Final Pot: 9 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Qs Kc (two pair, kings and sevens).
CO shows Kd Jh (two pair, kings and sevens).
Outcome: BB wins 9 BB. </font>

tripdad
05-28-2004, 05:04 PM
there is no reason to "mix things up" in low limit online poker. calling T9s in ep is a bad play, especially 7 handed when you will need 5 callers.

other than that, your flop call is marginal at best and most likely a losing call because of your "tainted" 9,T,and 8 outs.(any club combination kills your hand potentially).

the turn call was horrid. you are not getting even close to good odds to call. i count 5 potentially clean outs, none of which are a sure thing. another 10 can make a straight for someone's 89. same with a 9. your 8's can make a higher straight for a J9. you may just be drawing dead here.

in short, fold preflop, fold the flop, fold the turn. in this case, you were throwing your chips away imo.

cheers!

Bob T.
05-28-2004, 05:12 PM
If you are going to mix things up, open raise with it.

bicyclekick
05-28-2004, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I try these hands in EP on occasion to mix things up. Am I just throwing $$ away?? Flame away! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Staying with backdoor flush, straight potential as well as outs with 10s remaining...

Turn: (4 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

6 outs with 10s and gutshot draw...

River: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

At least I know when to call it quits! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Final Pot: 9 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Qs Kc (two pair, kings and sevens).
CO shows Kd Jh (two pair, kings and sevens).
Outcome: BB wins 9 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't call that turn. I don't thnik it's as horrid as the other player says, but I think it's bad.

JARID
05-28-2004, 09:17 PM
Magic,

Pre-flop: Open limping in EP with 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif is just a recipe for disaster. More often than not I think you will find yourself in the position you were in. Out of position with an inferior hand.
You are not going hit this hand that often, so when you do you want a good number of callers. If I were in middle to late position I would definately consider an open raise.

Flop:

I don't get too attached to suited connectors if I don't hit my flop hard. Shooting for runner runners is a good way to go through alot of chips and your two pair and trip outs are not really that clean in this instance. If I am BB, I am happy to have you in the hand here calling the whole way.

Turn;

No odds, fold.

Regards,
Jarid

MarkD
05-28-2004, 10:09 PM
I think this is a super easy call pre-flop. In fact, I don't think it's all that close, although I would raise it on occasion.