PDA

View Full Version : Terrible bubble decision... I think.

jacki
05-28-2004, 03:50 PM
Ho-Chunk B&M Tourney, $200 buyin.

Payouts as follows:
1: $25K
2: $11K
3: 9K
4: 8K
5: 7K
6: 6K
7: 5K
8: 4K
9: 3K
10: 2K
11-50: $500

11 left. 6 at my table.
Blinds are 2000/4000 with a 200 ante.
I have T8500 in UTG+1, holding AJo
UTG(w/about T12000) raises to T8000.
If I fold this hand and the next 3 hands, I'll have T1900 left on the button, when a player 2 to my right will be put allin by the BB.

YOUR MOVE?

dmk
05-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Wow...thats rough. I probably think for about 20 minutes before I make any decision here. UTG basically married his hand by, for whatever reason, committing 2/3 of his stack. If you wait it out, you may find a huge pair, or a bust from someone else to push you into the final table. How has UTG been playing up to this point? That would probably be the determining factor for me. If he's played almost no hands recently, then I make a crying fold. If he's been playing into everyone recently (which means he lost a hand recently due to his stack size), I push. He may be just trying to grab some blinds so he's alive for another orbit? I think this is one of those "you have to be there" to actually make a play, though I wouldn't want to be in that situation. I'd probably be forced to fold due to not making a decision in the alotted amount of time /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jacki
05-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Ok, a little more info. UTG had made a decent-sized raise the previous orbit in the same spot, and took down the blinds/antes. Don't know what his hand was. Everybody was playing extremely tight, he was no different.

Also, there were 6 at my table, and 5 at the other table. I have no idea what the stacks were at the other table. (Afterwards, my wife told me there were a lot of "real big piles of chips")

jacki
05-28-2004, 08:36 PM
bump.
I'm really beating myself up over this, and would love to hear what others here have to say.

I know staring at Raymer's pic on the pokerstars simulcast for 10 minutes between each hand is exciting, but.... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

boedeker
05-28-2004, 10:17 PM
i think you ahve to fold. youre looking at a coin flip at best.

jacki
05-29-2004, 12:55 AM
I called.
He had 66
I got no help.

The more I think about it, the more I hate the call. Oh well, first live tourney, learned a valuable lesson.

ugh.

trillig
05-29-2004, 04:02 AM
Why did it have to be AJo, LOL!

I still have painful AJs bad move in my recent memory, although I was at the final table at the time and in the low pay end at least.

?, is that low stack guy so low that he might be AI by the SB too, if he just eats the SB on that hand by some miracle?

And the UTG guy has 4000 left, after that bet? Yeah, I'd fold there, I'd have to give him credit for a strong hand since he is leaving himself weak with just 4k left to try to fend off callers with, post-flop, plus HE has the BLIND next.... It could be a steal, but there are players left to act that might tear him & you up too...

SO if you called, yeah your hindsight was correct in my mind... and I have done it... and realized 5 secs too late what I had DONE! YIKES! New image! New image! 8)

Good that you are reflecting on it though.... well done!

-Bri