PDA

View Full Version : can anyone else see themselves doing this?

jt1
05-28-2004, 01:10 PM
first off I just lost 7 hands in a row in the span of 10 minutes when i was either ahead on the flop or due to the extreme passivity of others I thought I was

but that aside

I was playing in a very tight game when I rr an EP with KK. NOrmally a raise was knocking everyone out but this time 2 people cold called the 3 small bets and the original raiser called.

The flop was 5 10 J with 2 spades. Checked to me. i bet. called. raised. re raised by the EP. I fold.

Needless to say I would have won. Had I would have lost I would be thinking that I was the greatest player ever. But keep in mind, this was an extremely tight table and I saw either aces or trips staring me down. There were 2 face cards on the flop, 2 three small bet cold callers and a check raiser who raised in EP to start the action off.

Was this a reasonable fold?

Yeknom58
05-28-2004, 01:30 PM
You've got kings, the board is pretty draw heavy, so there's still a pretty good possibility you're ahead. I say call it down.

J.R.
05-28-2004, 01:30 PM
Did you have the King of spades?

[ QUOTE ]
But keep in mind, this was an extremely tight table and I saw either aces or trips staring me down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aces who didn't 4-bet/cap preflop, and a set who check-3-bets? What about all of the draw possibilities, and the chance of 2 pair with something like JT against which you have outs, and your backdoor straight draw and possible backdoor flush draw if you have the K spades, the big pot size and your reaaltive position in the hand with respect to the check 3-bettor?

I 4-bet the flop and proceed with caution or smoothcall and raise EP's likely turn bet if the turn is a blank. Given the two players behind you and the possibility that the 1st flop raise was made by a draw in position (it sounds like the flop raise was behind you and not from a player in the blinds, but I can't tell) a smoothcall turn/raise combo may be best. Either way, I see the turn.

MAxx
05-28-2004, 01:48 PM
i think you gave up a little early, you need to at least see the turn. if no flush or straight completes, you gotta at least smooth call the turn as well. I would have capped the flop here personnally to take control of the hand, and let the other players know how serious i was about my raises... then gone from there.