PDA

View Full Version : In which I am loose/aggressive and tight/weak in the same hand

Monty Cantsin
05-28-2004, 11:35 AM
I'm a man of many moods. And few bb's/hr. Help patch my ship!

This table is medium loose and mostly passive and these opponents are typical.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

River: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8 BB, between Hero and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (8 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 7c Jd (one pair, sevens).
Hero shows Kc Qs (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 8 BB. </font>

standard pre-flop?
flop fine?
bet the river?

/mc

scrub
05-28-2004, 12:02 PM
I'd probably bet the river unless I had a LOT of respect for SB. But if I had a lot of respect for SB and the heart killed me, I would have expected SB to check-3-bet the flop.

So I'd bet the river. You'll get called too often by a 7 or a T or worse on Party 3/6 to pass it up. Folding to a checkraise is notes dependent.

The rest of the hand looked pretty standard.

And the post was funny.

scrub

Monty Cantsin
05-28-2004, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably bet the river unless I had a LOT of respect for SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have close to zero respect for this player. But when he bet the flop I put him on a range of hands that included 2 hearts, and I got spooked when the third heart hit.

I agree I should have bet the river. Thanks.

/mc