PDA

View Full Version : KK all in question

Argyle
05-28-2004, 04:58 AM
Hi,

I am very new to Poker and especially sng's (my first 2+2 post as well). So am looking for advice.

In the first orbit of a game and you are dealt KK and someone else goes all-in pre-flop do you call this or fold?

I had never seen the guy who went all-in before. This may be an obvious answer but I wanted to see what people thought

Thanks for any advice

Gomez22
05-28-2004, 05:09 AM
Call.... without thought.

You have the second best possible hand, and if he has aces, then so be it. There's only 2 times I'd fold kings...

1. Early in a BIG tournament and a bigger stack raised enough to put me all-n(and it better be one hell of a big tourney!)

2. On the bubble of a payout period, risking losing the cash if you lose to a bigger stack.

I can't think of ANY reason besides those 2 to fold pocket kings PF, but those are just my own personal thoughts(at least without the grand-daddy of reads, of course).

Lori
05-28-2004, 05:09 AM
Welcome to a larger world /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Basically KK online is an impossible fold preflop (there are scenarios where you might, but forget that for now)

At the limits you are playing, there are quite a few hands where this play might be made (AJ AQ AK JJ QQ KK TT) and basically you have to shut your eyes and call because you will be very strong if you win the pot.

If you are a losing player it is as good a chance as you could wish for, and if you are a winning player, it won't harm your hourly rate a great deal... either way it's a call.

Ask me what to do first hand in the WSOP $10k event and I might come back with a different answer /images/graemlins/tongue.gif but calling is definately correct here.
Remember, if it comes to the absolute worst, you can still hit a king.

Lori

Argyle
05-28-2004, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the responses. This confirms my thinking.

As for whether I am a winning or losing player, to early to tell. After reading on here about several people doing 100 sngs and checking their stats, I decided to do the same. I will be happy to break even and get some experience

Thanks again