PDA

View Full Version : Official Day 7 Friday WSOP FINAL TABLE thread

ohkanada
05-28-2004, 04:12 AM
Greg made the final table of the freaking WSOP 10k event.

Congrats on a great and consistent performance over the past week or so. Good luck on Friday and bring the bracelet home!

I am guessing Greg is the chip leader but until they come out with the counts I am not sure.

See you all soon.

Ken Poklitar

brassnuts
05-28-2004, 04:28 AM
Greg Raymer leads with about 7.5M. Official chip count and seats will be available as soon as they are released shortly.

Is it just me or is Fossilman a freakin' steamroller?

aces961
05-28-2004, 04:33 AM
Seat
4 GREG RAYMER $8,215,000
5 MATT DEAN $4,920,000
2 JOSH ARIEH $3,205,000
7 GLENN HUGHES $2,275,000
6 DAN HARRINGTON$2,245,000
8 DAVID WILLIAMS $1,575,000
3 AL KRUX $1,305,000
9 MICHAEL MCCLAIN $885,000
1 MATTIAS ANDERSSON $740,000

Ulysses
05-28-2004, 04:37 AM
Wow. Greg has over 30% of the chips going into the final table.

Payouts:

1 $5,000,000
2 $3,500,000
3 $2,500,000
4 $1,500,000
5 $1,100,000
6 $800,000
7 $675,000
8 $575,000
9 $470,400

And good luck to snakehead's buddy Mike McClain!

Lori
05-28-2004, 04:44 AM
This has all come from the T8 hand.

Going into that hand, last available counts were:

Greg Raymer $3,780,000
John Murphy $2,770,000
Josh Arieh $2,600,000
Matt Dean $2,490,000

This hand gave Greg the comfort cushion to not have to worry about accidents and he appears to have just smashed them into submission since that point onwards.

In a situation where all the short stacks are going to be aiming for 5th place or so, this is like a continuous bubble scenario, and Greg appears to have played them all into the ground.(No reports of giant pots is what I'm working from)

Good Luck to the man, it looks like he thoroughly deserves this advantage and basically it all came from one gutsy move (yeah, so he's won a few 50-50s, but I don't remember him being all-in from behind at all and others have been several times each... It's a 2600 runner tourney and he's rarely been in danger, astounding)

Lori

Andy Ward
05-28-2004, 05:04 AM
Bring it home Greg, rooting for you back here.

Andy.

Tosh
05-28-2004, 05:29 AM
No big hands just moving his weight around perfectly I would guess. Greg is proving just how good we all knew he was.

Mason Malmuth
05-28-2004, 05:50 AM
Hi Everyone:

Judging by all the posts, this WSOP has got to be the most interesting one yet. It looks like it's going to be a great final table, with some very good players and a couple of surprising faces.

Congradulations to Fossilman for being in the lead, and to my good friend and future Two Plus Two author Dan Harrington for making the final table again.

Best wishes,
Mason

ChristinaB
05-28-2004, 05:53 AM
Greg has a lot of support on 2+2, but how much support is he getting from the live crowd in Vegas?

Do people there even know who he is?

Who is the crowd's favorite?

ElSapo
05-28-2004, 06:26 AM
My question is if he knows how much support he has back here (back here being 2+2)... It really is fantastic what he's done, and I wish him the best of luck - though I've a strong suspicion he's not counting on luck.

ElSaop

MMMMMM
05-28-2004, 06:41 AM
I'm happy for you.

Don't relax in the hour of victory;-)

Myrtle
05-28-2004, 06:45 AM
.......he knows how much support he's getting here, trust me.

My educated guess at this point in time is that Greg is "Totally in the Zone".....

Most of us have had that experience....It's when you're playing your A++ game, and it's all "flowing" for you.

The difference here however, is that Greg's A++ game is significantly better (IMO) than most all of the rest of us.

The combination of that and his stack size makes him truly formidable at the final table.

He has certainly picked the right time to put it all together, eh?

Go, brother........GO!!!

citanul
05-28-2004, 08:27 AM
This may belong in yesterday's thread, but:

that pokerpagesdan guy can lick it with his "Things have been pretty dull since Dewey Archer got busted in 11th over two hours ago. Many of the media are dreading a late night, because tomorrow's final table will certainly last until the early morning." Things can't have been that dull with Greg picking up MILLIONS of chips.

citanul

Sloats
05-28-2004, 09:38 AM
I don't doubt that Greg's D---- game is better than my A++ game.

I really hope EoE doesn't sell this as another virtual unknown. They might sell it as a casual player...

superleeds
05-28-2004, 09:52 AM
Congrats on the final table Fossil, last leg so good luck and keep playing goot

Sincere
05-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Jesus Christ, what a lead.

CrackerZack
05-28-2004, 10:34 AM
Where is your rant about it being an idiotfishfest? and IF greg wins which is a big if, will you be making the same rants this year?

La Brujita
05-28-2004, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seat
4 GREG RAYMER $8,215,000
5 MATT DEAN $4,920,000
2 JOSH ARIEH $3,205,000
7 GLENN HUGHES $2,275,000
6 DAN HARRINGTON$2,245,000
8 DAVID WILLIAMS $1,575,000
3 AL KRUX $1,305,000
9 MICHAEL MCCLAIN $885,000
1 MATTIAS ANDERSSON $740,000

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like Greg has the second stack directly after him which is a bit of a disadvantage.

Perhaps the "murderers row" in seats 4-5-6 is not the best either (having the best player at the table after the two big stacks).

Does anyone have other thoughts or corrections my thoughts on the position of the players?

DougBrennan
05-28-2004, 10:49 AM
And a big, hearty, sincere "Thank You" to you, Myrtle.

Your insights into Greg and his approach to strategy this week, based on your personal knowledge, have been a welcome addition the all the hooting and holloring.

Not that there's anything wrong with hooting and holloring, but it is refreshing to have a bit of content sprinkled in.

Oh, and .....

Hoot, hoot. GO GREG!!!

Doug

DougBrennan
05-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Lori,

I read your earlier comments on the matter, but do you have any further thoughts concerning Greg's show of the T8o?

Greg picked up a huge chunk of chips towards the end of the session without any hands or confrontations worthy of mention in the various reports available. This would seem to indicate Greg was robbing them Blind (intended /images/graemlins/laugh.gif).

Yet one would think, or at least this one would, that Greg's T8 display would result in fewer, but larger wins for him, rather than lots of smaller steals.
I'm sure I'm missing something, but not sure what.

Any ideas or comments?

(I addressed this to Lori, but I'd be happy to see anybody comment on the residual effect of showing bluff cards.)

Doug

Myrtle
05-28-2004, 11:12 AM
Your welcome, Doug....This goes beyod poker, though.

I'm fortunate to count both Greg & Cheryl as good friends.

As far as Greg's playing & strategy go?

Here's the flat truth as I see it.......

When it gets right down to it, this game is all about making the best decisions possible with incomplete information. A true master of the game strives to reduce the level of incomplete information into quantifiable info....essentialy lowering their margin of error. The greater knowledge, experience, intelligence, understanding and skill base one has allows one to make fewer errors. I think all who are serious about the game understand that.

Greg plays at that level. (Perhaps that might shed some light on his allin re-bluff with T8o?? I don't know for sure, and can't wait to ask him)

In the grand scheme of things, if the above truly holds water most of us are incapable of fully understanding play at that level, as we simply are not aware of it's existence.

All we can do is to grind away and hope that some day we "get it".

ohkanada
05-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Not bad timing to have your A++ game during a 10k event with 2600 players.

The amazing thing to me is Greg has been at the near the top since day 1.

Day 1: 4th
Day 2: 10th (?)
Day 3: 4th
Day 4: 17th
Day 5: 1st
Day 6: 1st

And it appears everytime something goes bad he is able to come back and win chips. He had a few fortunate rivers but it seems most of the time the chips are going into the pot he has the best hand and is the aggressor.

Although he has never won anything near this amount of money, it does not seem to be affecting him. He increased his stack by 40% last night once it became 12 handed until now.

Bring home the bracelet,
Ken Poklitar

Myrtle
05-28-2004, 11:28 AM
Ken,

We both know that anyone at the final table has had to have had the poker gods smile on them a few times during the marathon run. It's part of the game.

I'm sure when this is all over, the malcontent rail-birds lurking ou there will attempt to find some arcane issues of his play to tear apart so that they can make their typical "he was lucky" posts.......

If my guess as to where Greg's head is right now is correct, he's doing his best to not think AT ALL about the real $$ ramifications. He's wise enough to understand that he has to play the game in its' purest form.

He'll focus on staying "in the zone", and separate the two issues so that his decisions will not be affected by the magnitude of the money at stake.

That's a lot of pressure, but that's what separates the men from the boys, and
it's the best chance he'll have to take home the bracelet.

ohkanada
05-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Here is a link to bio's for each of the 9 players:

http://www.harrahs.com/wsop/event_results/WSOP_Final9Bios.pdf

My favorite is Gregs motto:

"I only appear to be wacko - in reality, i'm much worse"

Ken

slogger
05-28-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm sure many others, Lori included, will have better, more experienced-based insight here, but the play struck me as a bit of old school Super System thinking.

I don't recall Doyle mentioning showing a bluff (in fact, I think the strength of his style was that many opponents back in the day believed that he had them beat a lot more often than he did, and so showing bluffs would not have increased his bottom line much). However, the statement that Greg made (combination of the all-in raise and the showing of his hand) was positively Brunsonesque:

If you're going to tangle with me in a hand, you had better be willling to stake your tournament on the hand you're holding. If you're not ready to go broke, stay out of my pots.

I believe Brunson writes about having control over his opponents with respect to their lack of willingness to reraise him when he's stealing small pots "because they know I'm liable to set them in."

Obviously, much has been made of the antiquation of some of the concepts Brunson espouses in Super System because everyone knows about these tactics now. But what Greg did by showing the table his hand was to impress upon his opponents (all of them) that he intended to put them to the ultimate test whenever they stood up to him, no matter how large their stack. He would not have been able to fully covey that if he had left them in the dark about his hand.

The more I think about it, the stronger I think this play was. And the depth of the money is a huge factor here. If there were fewer chips (relative to the blinds and antes) on the table, players would be more willing to get all of their chips in the center. But with money this deep, no one wants to risk the huge jumps in prize money that come with every single elimination the rest of the way (especially on the final table bubble).

And not to be results oriented, but it appears that this strategy of Greg's has paid off quite nicely as the field turns for home. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

TxSteve
05-28-2004, 12:29 PM
thanks oh,

that is pretty sweet...2 texans...and one from my city (the woodlands, tx)

MikeyEdge
05-28-2004, 12:30 PM
It's all about focus at this point. I have all the confidence that he won't lose his. After this hopefull victory, I wouldn't be suprised to see Greg popping up at the final table of many WPT events.

Go for it Greg, you the (fossil) Man!

Sponger15SB
05-28-2004, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but the best thing on that page by far is this:

"Mclain is perhaps best known for having his face shown literally hundred of times nationally on television as the "AGONY OF DEFEAT" shot, during ESPN's repeated World Series of Poker boradcasts last year"

haha, awsome! i loved that guy

side note: he is from my girlfriends hometown, booya!

Ulysses
05-28-2004, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This has all come from the T8 hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still disagree w/ that move. His opponent in that hand has shown a willingness (and this has been written about on multiple sites as well as a post here by someone who sat at his table early in the tourney) to get all his chips in the middle a lot. That's not a guy I want to make this bluff against. And sometimes, he'll actually have a big pair or make a call w/ AK. I just found out I have actually played w/ this guy a number of times and based on that experience, I think this move is even worse. Given the risk (based on chip counts) and the reward, I think it's super-tough to have a good enough read to make this a worthwhile move w/ T8o.

Re: Greg playing fantastically overall, I definitely agree based on the hands I've read and more importantly his growing stack w/out big showdown confrontations - he's obviously been using his very big stack very well and doing a good job making big pots when he's been getting the hands.

As for showing, I think it's very interesting that there have been accounts of Greg showing three times:

56 after going all-in - full house
T8 after going all-in - pure bluff
55 after going all-in - flopped set

I don't think most people should ever show cards, as all it does is give their opponents more info. But I do believe an expert player w/ a plan can use that as one more element of his game.

MrGo
05-28-2004, 03:13 PM
What makes Greg so good? I don't really know the guy...only seen his posts on here from time to time, but what makes him able to get to the final table of the WSOP?

Thanks.

secada
05-28-2004, 03:16 PM
Hello all,

I am a fairly new 2+2er, very knew to this section of the forum. I have scanned through a few posts re the WSOP and Greg Raymer who I assume is part of the 2+2 community. I have also gathered that he's from the Northeast and is a regular at Foxwoods. Did he qualify through an online site? What is his 2+2 name? If someone could direct me to a previous thread or give me some answers to my dumb questions I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks!

-secada

huge
05-28-2004, 03:26 PM
sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but did anyone other than the 4 PokerStars players qualify online? (yes, I know, Greg isn't "just" a pokerstars player and he would have bought in anyway - don't flame me)

GrinningBuddha
05-28-2004, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello all,

I am a fairly new 2+2er, very knew to this section of the forum. I have scanned through a few posts re the WSOP and Greg Raymer who I assume is part of the 2+2 community. I have also gathered that he's from the Northeast and is a regular at Foxwoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup

[ QUOTE ]
Did he qualify through an online site?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerstars, but he was going to be there regardless. He just did it cheaper. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What is his 2+2 name?

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg (Fossilman)

[ QUOTE ]
If someone could direct me to a previous thread or give me some answers to my dumb questions I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks!

-secada

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem.

TheGrifter
05-28-2004, 03:34 PM
Cardplayer referred to Greg as a professional poker player. I guess they're going to represent him as a mainstream pro...it's good to see that they're recognizing the fact that he has cashed in big tournaments before and is an excellent player.

Ulysses
05-28-2004, 03:35 PM
I believe all the other online qualifiers are out.

schwza
05-28-2004, 03:38 PM
are they playing again yet? any news?

Daithi
05-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Greg has a great deal of talent that he has clearly exhibited in various tournaments and ring games. But most importantly he has been willing to share his knowledge with us, and when he has done so virtually no one has contradicted advice he has given (which says a lot on these forums). The manner in which he provides advice is exceptional as well. I can't recall him ever berating other posters. Nor do his postings feel as if he is taking a superior or condensending tone (I wish I could keep these elements out of my own postings). This is on top of being able to clearly explain very subtle points of strategy in just a few sentences.

I remember when I first started playing no-limit. I was in a tourney and had raised 3xBB from the CO with AQs and had the button move all-in (this was early in the tourney). My feeling had been that I couldn't let people push me around, and that my starting cards were pretty good, so I called. The button showed AA (I lost of course). I posted this hand in the NL forum and Greg explained nicely why I made a bad call. He was probably the only poster that didn't call me an idiot.

Acesover8s
05-28-2004, 03:55 PM
No, Williams, McClain, Dean, and our hero are all PS qualifiers.

swimfan
05-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Terrific post

Dynasty
05-28-2004, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"Mclain is perhaps best known for having his face shown literally hundred of times nationally on television as the "AGONY OF DEFEAT" shot, during ESPN's repeated World Series of Poker boradcasts last year"

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost went nuts when I read this. I saw "AGONY OF DEFEAT" and thought you were referring to the skier who crashed every week on ABC's Wild World of Sports. If that guy were at the final table, I think I'd root for him over Greg.

Gewurtztraminer
05-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Mattias Andersson qualified at Bugsys Club, if I recall.

Gewürtztraminer

cferejohn
05-28-2004, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost went nuts when I read this. I saw "AGONY OF DEFEAT" and thought you were referring to the skier who crashed every week on ABC's Wild World of Sports. If that guy were at the final table, I think I'd root for him over Greg.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh. I had the exact same reaction.

Good luck Greg.

This better be one hell of a tournament report... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

RollaJ
05-28-2004, 04:08 PM
When do the cards go in the air?

Wad
05-28-2004, 04:18 PM
The PokerStars table just announced the tournament would start in 15-20 min.

maurile
05-28-2004, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. I thought the exact same thing.

UTGunner
05-28-2004, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When do the cards go in the air?

[/ QUOTE ]
When they are released from the dealer's hand.

Which has just happened.

M2d
05-28-2004, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fifth hand and we already lose Mike McClain when his pocket aces are cracked by the 10's

The board had shown another 10 and gave Greg Raymer a set of 10's.

We are down to 8 players.....

[/ QUOTE ]

great time to catch a card. go greg

MrGo
05-28-2004, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fifth hand and we already lose Mike McClain when his pocket aces are cracked by the 10's

The board had shown another 10 and gave Greg Raymer a set of 10's.

We are down to 8 players.....

[/ QUOTE ]

great time to catch a card. go greg

[/ QUOTE ]

It's his tournament to lose...things are going well for him for sure.

Large Pizza
05-28-2004, 05:04 PM
5th hand Raymer knocks out McClain. Raymer catches a 10 for 3 tens to defeat pocket aces.

TJSWAN
05-28-2004, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but the best thing on that page by far is this:

haha, awsome! i loved that guy

side note: he is from my girlfriends hometown, booya!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well looks like he'll be doing that again this year since Greg just cracked his Aces. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Tim

fryKing
05-28-2004, 05:14 PM
TT beats AA....

clearly offline poker is rigged

HDPM
05-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Yep, lucky, but when you have 10X the guy's stack and he might be going in on many hands....

Greg FossilCop /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

J.R.
05-28-2004, 05:16 PM
AT beats AK, yup

teemu_69
05-28-2004, 05:17 PM
With the RR straight... Destiny?

Large Pizza
05-28-2004, 05:17 PM
Action already.....

Greg has knocked out his second player in 10 minutes....

Mattais Andersson has gone out to Greg Raymer...hand to come

imcastleman
05-28-2004, 05:18 PM
THIS GUY IS ON Fire!!! Wait til you see what happens next!!!

maurile
05-28-2004, 05:18 PM
2:15 PM
Matthias Andersson eliminated in 8th by Greg Raymer.
Andersson moves all in from under the gun for $670,000, and Raymer calls. Andersson has Ad Ks, Raymer has As 10d. The board comes Qc 7c 9h Js 8s. The eight spikes on the river, giving Raymer a straight.

MrGo
05-28-2004, 05:19 PM
LOL Greg rivered a straight!!! Unreal

teemu_69
05-28-2004, 05:19 PM
After AK vs AT?

imcastleman
05-28-2004, 05:21 PM
No. That's what I am talking about.

UTGunner
05-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Is anyone keeping track of how many people Greg has eliminated?

Is anyone keeping track of how many times he has won when all-in with the worse hand?

whiskeytown
05-28-2004, 05:22 PM
couple lucky hands by Greg, but if I have his chip lead and the hands he has, and I get a chance to get all in vs. those short stacks, I'd have made the same plays, I think.

So far, so good....:D

RB

MrGo
05-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Pretty loose call... ATo from UTG+1, no??? I guess if you have chips, it's not too bad...

Prickly Pete
05-28-2004, 05:24 PM
Great. Now after these 2 hands, I guess we'll be hearing the "Moneymaker is a lucky idiot" tools say the same about Raymer. Good thing most of us here know better.

teemu_69
Ok... I was about to go bananas waiting to see what could follow that! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MilesDavis
WTF AT call?

He must be living right to get away with that.

Moozh
05-28-2004, 05:26 PM
That Ten seems to be his magic card so far. Gotta love it, although I'm sure the other finalists must hate to see more chips go his way.

MrGo
05-28-2004, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty loose call... ATo from UTG+1, no??? I guess if you have chips, it's not too bad...

[/ QUOTE ]

NM..Greg was in MP when he called.

UTGunner
05-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Greg Raymer is a lucky idiot. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

More luck to him.

(ps - what do I know?)

B Dids
05-28-2004, 05:28 PM
It's a totally fine call with his chip size and the fact that the guy was short stacked and about to have it made shorter by the blinds.

UTGunner
05-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Hand #14, Harrington's button. Arieh opens for $175,000 and Raymer calls. The flop comes As 9s 6h. Arieh bets $500,000 and Raymer folds.

wow - Greg folded for once.

teemu_69
05-28-2004, 05:35 PM
Maybe he was playing out his rush?

Prickly Pete
05-28-2004, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
although I'm sure the other finalists must hate to see more chips go his way.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm at that table, I sure wouldn't mind seeing 7 other guys' chips go Greg's way.

Sloats
05-28-2004, 05:41 PM
So what's going to be "A Raymer"? XTo?

M2d
05-28-2004, 05:42 PM
Oh yes, I agree. Lucky, no doubt, but no incorrect. Come to think of it, since I agree with the play, maybe Greg should rethink his strategy /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I just wanted to point out that he hasn't seemed to really get hit over the head with the deck up to this point. catching cards, sure, but he seems to have gotten his stack via tough play first and the fall of the cards (or lack of the fall of the cards) second till now.

HDPM
05-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Yeah, Greg has been playing great. Very dangerous to have a good player playing well, running well, and with a mountain of chips. Nice combo platter there.

M2d
05-28-2004, 05:46 PM
now you know what my playing against Tommy Angelo is like. a very good player who holds over me to no end? racks please!!

UTGunner
05-28-2004, 05:47 PM
Arieh just lost a chunk of money. Greg outstacks each player by at least 3 to 1 except for Dean.

aces961
05-28-2004, 05:49 PM
So with the Williams double up, Poker Stars qualified the three chip leaders.

conform
05-28-2004, 05:54 PM
anyone have current chip counts?

Daithi
05-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Hand #21, Harrington's button. Krux opens for $250,000, Raymer raises to $865,000 (putting Krux all in), and Krux calls. Raymer has Ad Kh, Krux has 6d 6s. The board comes Jh 9s 4s As 2s. Krux makes a runner-runner flush and doubles up to over $2 million.

winchem21
05-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Raymer 8.53
Dean 4.01
Arieh 2.225
Krux 2.885
Williams 3.13
Hughes 2.035
Harrington 1.95

After 21 at Gutshot

Daithi
05-28-2004, 06:03 PM
That was from pokerpages -- BTW.

It is almost as if Greg has somewhere to go as quick as he is getting the chips in and busting people out (just missed the coin flip on this one).

UTGunner
05-28-2004, 06:05 PM
After 23 hands:

Greg Raymer $7,400,000
Mike Dean $4,000,000
David Williams $3,500,000
Al Krux $3,000,000
Josh Arieh $2,900,000
Glenn Hughes $1,900,000
Dan Harrington $1,700,000

DOTTT
05-28-2004, 06:06 PM
Current chip counts:
3:02 PM
Greg Raymer $7,400,000
Mike Dean $4,000,000
David Williams $3,500,000
Al Krux $3,000,000
Josh Arieh $2,900,000
Glenn Hughes $1,900,000
Dan Harrington $1,700,000

UTGunner
05-28-2004, 06:09 PM
The Payout:

1st $5,000,000
2nd $3,500,000
3rd $2,500,000
4th $1,500,000
5th $1,100,000
6th $800,000
7th $675,000

winchem21
05-28-2004, 06:14 PM
Raymer 8.45
Dean 3.57
Arieh 2.900
Krux 2.765
Williams 2.850
Hughes 1.915
Harrington 1.92

After 28 from Gutshot software view

UTGunner
05-28-2004, 06:23 PM
What an attempt to grab attention away from the players:

During a short break, tournament director Matt Savage proposes marriage to Maryann Foronda, who is sitting in the VIP row. He presents her with roses and a ring. She says "Yes". Matt says "Thank you," and puts the ring on her finger.

J.R.
05-28-2004, 06:27 PM
dolt

3:23 PM
Hand #33, Raymer's button. Raymer makes it $160,000 to go from the button and Harrington calls from the big blind. The flo pcomes 7h 9s Jc. Herrington checks, Raymer bets $300,000, Harrington moves all in for $950,000 and Raymer calls. Harrington has 9h Qd, Raymer has Ac Js. The turn comes 3h, the river comes 9d. Harrington makes trips on the river and doubles up to over $2 million.

ChristinaB
05-28-2004, 06:29 PM
This is the first big 2+2 versus 2+2 hand ever on a WSOP Final Table!

I am glad Dan is moving up from the short stacked, but not that it was at Greg's expense.

Daithi
05-28-2004, 06:31 PM
I suppose this is lady luck getting even for the TT vs. AA and AT vs. AK hands.

balt999
05-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Harrington just doubled thorough Greg...Harrington caught a third 9 on the river....tough break for Greg...

He's still got a lot of chips, and he sure knows how to work them..

Porcupine
05-28-2004, 06:36 PM
Not sure exactly when they asked, but from pokervoice:

"We asked a few pro's who they think will win this years main event

Evelyn Ng;- Josh Arieh
Chris Ferguson;- Greg Raymer
Paul Maxfield;- Dan Harrington
Cyndy Violette;- Joah or Dan
Marcel Luske;- David Williams
Devilfish;- Al Krux"

KC50
05-28-2004, 06:38 PM
Greg called on the button. Harrington checks in the BB.

Flop J 9 x

Harrington moves in immediatley. Greg calls.

Harrington Q9 Greg A J

turn J 9 x (x)

River J 9 x x (9)

Tough break for Greg.

KC

J.R.
05-28-2004, 06:43 PM
3:38 PM
Hand #38, Arieh's button. Arieh opens for $175,000 from the button, Raymer raises to $500,000 from the button, and Arieh calls. The flop comes 8h 9s As. Raymer checks, and Arieh moves all in. Raymer removes his reptilian sunglasses, thinks, and folds.

Love that clear flop action /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

byronkincaid
05-28-2004, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raymer has quickly lost a lot of chips.

[/ QUOTE ]
But he's still winning

Daithi
05-28-2004, 06:55 PM
According to Gutshot simulcast Greg just creamed Josh Arieh.
Greg is over 9 mil and Josh down to 700,000.

maurile
05-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Based on Stars:

Raymer just won a big pot from Arieh

Arieh raises UTG. Raymer & Harrington call.

Flop: 9s 8s 2s

Arieh bets, Raymer calls, Harrington folds.

Turn: 9d

check, check

River: Kh

Arieh bets, Raymer calls.

Raymer shows K8, which is good. (Stars said they were told K9, but that can't be right. Someone else said K8.)

Current stacks:

Raymer - 7.5
Williams - 4.0
Dean - 3.4
Arieh - 3.0
Harrington - 2.9
Krux - 2.8
Hughes - 2.0

Army Eye
05-28-2004, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
According to Gutshot simulcast Greg just creamed Josh Arieh.
Greg is over 9 mil and Josh down to 700,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

are we still way behind or were the effects of that pot exaggerated..

maurile
05-28-2004, 07:35 PM
The players are on break. Stars has the stacks as follows:

Raymer - 7.7
Arieh - 4.6
Harrington - 2.8
Williams - 2.7
Krux - 2.6
Dean - 2.5
Hughes - 2.1

Ulysses
05-28-2004, 07:36 PM
from PokerVoice:

" Claps and screams for the Bullpen with everyhand.....

Raymer raised...Glen goes ALL IN.......

Greg waits 5 minutes at least then folds"

Reading some of the hands makes it seem like they're just shoving the chips in willy-nilly. Reading this gives a glimpse into the kind of thought that must be going into each decision.

Daithi
05-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Arieh sitting two to the right of Greg is playing very aggressively. He raises Greg's blind by 300,000 and Greg comes over the top. Arieh folds.

Daithi
05-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Josh Arieh takes a big hand against Matt Dean.
K423 was board with two spades before Dean folded leaving himself with just 800,000.

Ulysses
05-28-2004, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Arieh sitting two to the right of Greg is playing very aggressively. He raises Greg's blind by 300,000 and Greg comes over the top. Arieh folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like Greg and Josh are tangling in a lot of pots. I suspect Greg feels like he can outplay Josh post-flop. If Greg can bust Josh (a tough player w/ #2 stack), he becomes a big favorite to win it all IMO with about half the chips on the table.

Daithi
05-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Williams and Hughes have been playing very tight, which will probably serve them well.

Dean is down to 160,000

Arieh thinks he is Gus Hansen as he is playing very aggressive.

Greg too is playing very aggressive.

Harrington is playing tight but making some re-steal plays.

Poor Krux is sandwiched between Arieh and Greg.

Daithi
05-28-2004, 08:16 PM
Their software is a bit off as it shows Dean at -600,000

He just ran into Williams with AA against Dean's AT. Dean is out.

Daithi
05-28-2004, 08:20 PM
Arieh raises Greg's blind again. Greg calls and flop is AdQdTd Greg checks, Arieh bets $1 mil. and Greg folds. Arieh shows 77.

jumpthru
05-28-2004, 08:22 PM
Why is K9 not possible?

[ QUOTE ]
Based on Stars:

Raymer just won a big pot from Arieh

Arieh raises UTG. Raymer & Harrington call.

Flop: 9s 8s 2s

Arieh bets, Raymer calls, Harrington folds.

Turn: 9d

check, check

River: Kh

Arieh bets, Raymer calls.

Raymer shows K8, which is good. (Stars said they were told K9, but that can't be right. Someone else said K8.)

Current stacks:

Raymer - 7.5
Williams - 4.0
Dean - 3.4
Arieh - 3.0
Harrington - 2.9
Krux - 2.8
Hughes - 2.0

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn
05-28-2004, 08:22 PM
thanks for taking the fun out of the pokerstars simulcast!

ThePimpulator
05-28-2004, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is K9 not possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

He would have surely raised with the full house.

ohkanada
05-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Daryn, you can't expect people not to post about what is happening. Come to the 2+2 chat where we are trying to enforce people not talking about things.

Ken

daryn
05-28-2004, 08:31 PM
eh, i'm just joking. i really don't get upset over dumb stuff like that. anyway, i'm in the REAL 2+2 chat. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Daithi
05-28-2004, 08:32 PM
I'll start a new thread "WSOP Updates" for people that can't get connected to a simulcast and want to know what is going on.

jumpthru
05-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Oh, gotcha.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is K9 not possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

He would have surely raised with the full house.

[/ QUOTE ]

winchem21
05-28-2004, 08:46 PM
x

Ulysses
05-28-2004, 08:51 PM
That'll put the chips at more or less:

Greg: 10m
Dave: 6m
Josh: 5m
Dan: 3m
Glen: 2m

ohkanada
05-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Big pot. This is going to be good. Greg has almost half the chips now /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bring home the Bracelet,
Ken

PDX_David
05-28-2004, 08:52 PM
I am at work, so I do appreciate the updates.

ChristinaB
05-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Well, everyone left in is a millionaire. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Go Greg and Dan /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ChristinaB
05-28-2004, 09:00 PM
Hand #82, Harrington's button. Arieh opens for $250,000, and Raymer calls. The flop comes 6c Jc 10h. Arieh bets $425,000 and Raymer calls. The turn comes 8h. Arieh checks, Raymer bets $1 million, and Arieh calls. The river comes 4c (three clubs on board). Arieh checks, and Raymer moves all in. Arieh removes his sunglasses, stands up, walks around. He looks over at the $5 million, shakes his head in disbelief, and folds. Raymer wins a gargantuan pot.

WarmonkEd
05-28-2004, 09:00 PM
according to pokerstars "technical difficulties" caused them to lose four hands!

ChristinaB
05-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Greg Raymer $12 million
Josh Arieh $3.6 million
David Williams $5 million
Dan Harrington $2.6 million
Glenn Hughes $1.5 million

MilesDavis
05-28-2004, 09:06 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Stars is so [censored] up. Should have gone with gutshot I guess.

WarmonkEd
05-28-2004, 09:07 PM
HAHA Pokerstars just played the hand, except the stack sizes were incorrect. Krux is still in w/ 6.5 mil /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Moozh
05-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Yeah Greg!

Greg: 12M
Everyone Else: 12.7M

Sundevils21
05-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Wow Greg just lost half his chips /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ChristinaB
05-28-2004, 09:10 PM
and Greg has knocked out 3 of the 4 players eliminated today /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ulysses
[ QUOTE ]
Greg Raymer $12 million
Josh Arieh $3.6 million
David Williams $5 million
Dan Harrington $2.6 million
Glenn Hughes $1.5 million

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe in jinxes, so I'll just say it. Sure looks like Greg is gonna take this bracelet now.

Irishboy
6:04 PM
Glenn Hughes eliminated in 5th by Greg Raymer.
Hand #86, Raymer's button. Arieh opens for $225,000, Raymer calls, Hughes moves all in for $1.3 million, Arieh folds, and Raymer calls. Hughes has Ks Qd, Raymer has 5s 5c. The board comes 4h Ad 10s 10d 9h. Hughes has a lot of outs on the river, but misses them all. Raymer is now over $15 million.

RollaJ
I hate stars even more now, they cant rig the deal, so they rig the chip count

B Dids
Glenn Hughes eliminated in 5th by Greg Raymer.
Hand #86, Raymer's button. Arieh opens for $225,000, Raymer calls, Hughes moves all in for $1.3 million, Arieh folds, and Raymer calls. Hughes has Ks Qd, Raymer has 5s 5c. The board comes 4h Ad 10s 10d 9h. Hughes has a lot of outs on the river, but misses them all. Raymer is now over $15 million

RollaJ
05-28-2004, 09:13 PM
Holy Crap He is going to pull it off!!!!

Jonathan
why not download it now....Gutshot is working very smoothly

ChristinaB
Greg has knocked out 4 of the 5 players eliminated today /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Raiser
[ QUOTE ]
Wow Greg just lost half his chips /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

is this correct? haven't seen anything like this yet.

buddha
where are you getting this info?

ChristinaB
05-28-2004, 09:14 PM
pokerpages

http://www.pokerpages.com/interactive/pokerforum/viewtopic.php?t=4330&sid=b3adf84ffbc8b61421d355abd 6f6fa1d

sleepyjoeyt
05-28-2004, 09:15 PM
man, there are a lot of people who are REALLY pulling for Greg - if this is made up you are a total DICK.

If its true, I apologize. It just seems so unlikely.

cferejohn
05-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Pokerstars screwed up the chip counts. He might be looking at that...right now it says Greg is under 4 million (it also still has 6 players).

buddha
05-28-2004, 09:17 PM
do you have a ling to gutshot?

B Dids
05-28-2004, 09:18 PM
It's not true- he's probably seeing the chip counts on poker stars, which have VD right now.

ChristinaB
05-28-2004, 09:18 PM
http://www.gutshot.co.uk

cferejohn
05-28-2004, 09:19 PM
www.gutshot.co.uk (http://www.gutshot.co.uk)

Irishboy
05-28-2004, 09:19 PM
6:14 PM
Hand #91, Raymer's button. Raymer limps in from the button, Harrington limps in from the small blind, and Williams checks the big blind. The flop comes 2s 7s 8c. Harrington bets $250,000, Williams calls, and Raymer calls. The turn comes Jh. Harrington bets $700,000, Williams folds, and Raymer calls. The river comes Qd. Harrington moves all in for about $1.4 million, and Raymer folds. Harrington is up to about $3.8 million.

NotMitch
05-28-2004, 09:20 PM
From poker pages

[ QUOTE ]
5:22 PM
Greg Raymer requests a color-up, and is told that all high denomination chips are already in use.

[/ QUOTE ]

That struck me as funny for some reason.

Sundevils21
05-28-2004, 09:21 PM
First off, "it seems so unlikely"???? Have you been keeping up with the tourny?
Sorry, the info I said was incorrect. He actually knocked somebody else out. As of right now Pokerstars shows greg with 3.7mil and Krux with 6.5mil. Now they say, it was a mistake and Greg won the pot, greg now has over 10MILLION, sorry for the bad info. I just reported what stars told me. SORRY ALL.

cferejohn
[ QUOTE ]
From poker pages

[ QUOTE ]
Greg Raymer requests a color-up, and is told that all high denomination chips are already in use.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I can't wait to see it on ESPN just to marvel at the sheer number of chips on the table...

ChristinaB
[ QUOTE ]
From poker pages

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

poor guy can't see over his chips

ChristinaB
05-28-2004, 09:24 PM
stars has been slow and incorrect all day

best:
http://www.pokerpages.com/interactive/pokerforum/viewtopic.php?t=4330&sid=b3adf84ffbc8b61421d355abd 6f6fa1d

Homer
05-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Can someone help me out...once I'm in the Gutshot software, where do I go to see the final table?

Thanks.

Raiser
05-28-2004, 09:29 PM
i couldn't get there either. i wonder if there are just too many on???

GWB
05-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Any predictions on what time the final hand will be played?

oblisk
05-28-2004, 09:31 PM
From poker pages i find this to be slightly amusing:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cferejohn
05-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Harrington out!

Harrington v Williams
Harrington is out , beaten by a Full House!!!

winchem21
05-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Greg at 15.5 K

Raiser
05-28-2004, 09:39 PM
that is huge. should be fun to watch if it comes down to arieh and greg. 2 very agressive players.

KidParty
On the right hand side of the gutshot screen there should be a Download add....You need to download the site to watch the game.

aces961
Pre-Flop:
Running ante of 10
Josh Arieh folds
Greg Raymer folds
Dan Harring. calls
David Williams checks
Flop: 9d 5d 2s
Dan Harring. raises $250
David Williams calls
Turn:3h
Dan Harring. checks
David Williams raises $500
Dan Harring. raises $3040
David Williams calls
David Williams shows 2c 3c
Dan Harring. shows as 6d
River: 3d
David Williams wins $7280

9d 5d 2s 3h 3d final board

cferejohn
05-28-2004, 09:42 PM
Dinner break. 75 minutes.

RollaJ
05-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Maybe Stars can catch up on some action

Raiser
05-28-2004, 09:49 PM
From Poker pages

6:40 PM
Break for dinner. Play resumes in an hour.

Chip Count (official):
Josh Arieh $2,075,000
Greg Raymer $14,460,000
David Williams $8,630,000

Sundevils21
05-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Could be interesting if Arieh goes out quickly. Greg could be looking at a 2to1 chip lead going heads up, or only about a 4mil. lead. Interesting. In any case, Greg you the man!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

slogger
05-28-2004, 09:58 PM
But PokerPgs account couldn't be more different from what Stars showed.

How can the two be so divergent?

Sundevils21
05-28-2004, 10:00 PM
It looks exactly the same to me.

Raiser
05-28-2004, 10:02 PM
I wonder if the final table always goes this fast? I figured it would take much longer to knock out 6 guys. We're going at a 1 per hour pace. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Nepa
05-28-2004, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But PokerPgs account couldn't be more different from what Stars showed

[/ QUOTE ]

The pokerpages account seems more realistic and pokerstars account is just like any other pokerstars suckout.

VarlosZ
05-28-2004, 10:08 PM
This is how Pokerstars presented the hand:

Dealer: Arieh folds
Dealer: Raymer folds
Dealer: Harrington calls 40
Dealer: Williams checks
Dealer: Dealing Flop: [9d 5d 6h]
Dealer: Harrington bets 250
Administrator: David Williams quickly calls.
Dealer: Williams calls 250
Dealer: Dealing Turn: [3d]
Dealer: Harrington checks
Dealer: Williams bets 500
Dealer: Harrington raises to 2775 and is all-in
Dealer: Williams calls 2275
Dealer: Williams shows [2c 3c]
Dealer: Harrington shows [6c 8s]
Dealer: Dealing River: [4s]
Administrator: David Williams catches the straight!

Sounds implausible.

Sloats
05-28-2004, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Sounds implausible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I won't be trusting Stars with any of my money....

Ulysses
05-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Here's what I think will happen: Greg will take down Arieh and then go HU with a huge chiplead.

Here's what I think would be fantastically interesting: Josh doubles through Greg twice and we have a 3-way match each tied at around 8.5m

Daithi
05-28-2004, 11:01 PM
I wonder if any deals are being worked out while they're on dinner break.

Sundevils21
05-28-2004, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's what I think would be fantastically interesting: Josh doubles through Greg twice and we have a 3-way match each tied at around 8.5m

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that would be increadible, however here is what I predict: Williams takes out Arieh and plays heads up agianst Greg. Chipcounts starting at Greg:16mil, Williams: 9mil. Greg goes on to win at 2AM Vegas time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ohkanada
05-28-2004, 11:04 PM
If Josh was gone, then maybe but I can't see it with a relatively shortstack.

Ken

etizzle
05-28-2004, 11:04 PM
they just corrected it on the pokerstars broadcast, and their corretion is the same as the pokerpages original story.

Raiser
05-28-2004, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if any deals are being worked out while they're on dinner break.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy for me to say, but if I were Greg I'd take my chances and go for the whole $5 mil.

Moozh
05-28-2004, 11:09 PM
Heh, pokerpages reports Greg is already signing autographs. Gotta love it!

Sundevils21
05-28-2004, 11:11 PM
Break for dinner. Play resumes in an hour. All spectators and non-ESPN media have been evicted from the room. Not surprising, since there's $50 million in cash lying around.

I'm confused. Why do all spectators have to leave the room? Because there is $50mil lying around? Hasn't it been "lying around" there all day? Or even all week? It's a casino for $#$#'s sake, don't they already have an insane amount of security? It's just sad that people don't get to finish watching it. What about the family's of the remaining players. It would be a shame to kick out thier mothers and fathers, for no reason.(Then agian, with MM's dad last year, maybe it wouldn't have been such a bad idea /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

MilesDavis
05-28-2004, 11:12 PM
Gutshot sticking to their A6 for Harrington which gives him only a gutshot draw for river (i.e. he was bluffing).

GrinningBuddha
05-28-2004, 11:24 PM
Greg's AQ hits QQJ on the flop to bust Arieh's 99.

Heads up!

oblisk
05-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Greg Just eliminated Arieh. AQo vs 99 Flop comes QQJ then 3 and then 4.

Freudian
05-28-2004, 11:45 PM
You do realize they are let back in when the tournament resumes?

GrinningBuddha
05-28-2004, 11:47 PM
YEE HAW!!! WAY TO GO GREG!!!!!!!!!!!

Huskiez
Raymer wins with 88 v A4o on board 452/2/2.

slavic
weird report on gutshot looking to confirm

We have a new champion!

RcrdBoy
Unbelievable.

FoolishStone
Greg Wins!!!

Gallopin Gael
GREG WINS!!!

teemu_69
05-28-2004, 11:48 PM
Way to go!!!!!

teemu_69

TomCollins
WTG GREG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B Dids
05-28-2004, 11:50 PM
This is really bleeping cool!!!!!!!!!!!

mikeyworm
Long time lurker but first time poster. All I can say is Congrats Greg.

rjbigfish
Congrats Greg, great play from start to finish in the biggest tourny ever.

teemu_69
05-28-2004, 11:51 PM

teemu_69
05-28-2004, 11:52 PM
8:44 PM
David Williams eliminated in 2nd by Greg Raymer.
Hand #113, Williams's button. Williams made it $300,000, and Raymer called. The flop came 5s 4d 2d. Raymer checked, Williams bet $500,000, Raymer raised to $1.6 million, and Williams called instantly. The turn came 2h. Raymer bet $2.5 million, and Williams called instantly. The river came 2c. Raymer moved all in, and Williams called instantly. Williams showed Ah 4s, Raymer showed 8d 8c.

Is this a good call by Williams on the river? You do have a boat, but you are losing if Raymer has any part of that at all or any pocket pair but one. His play throughout the hand indicated he has SOMETHING... would a fold in this situation (with about 4,000,000 left) have been a better play?

BBill
Congrats Greg New World Champ !!!!

ohkanada
I saw it happening on gutshot and I couldnt believe the guy only had A4. I thought maybe a straight on the flop.

Hell of an effort Greg,

Woooo Hooooo

Ken

NotMitch
05-28-2004, 11:53 PM
What a fast final table, just dominated by Greg. Well done.

eric5148
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fossilman is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jas3774
Unreal Greg, congrats!

citanul
05-28-2004, 11:54 PM
Congrats Greg!

citanul

MWC
05-28-2004, 11:56 PM
Wait, don't tell me what happened - PS is going to show it in 15 min or so...

Sundevils21
05-28-2004, 11:58 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

peacemaker
05-28-2004, 11:59 PM
Good job Greg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I borrow $100, I promise to pay it back /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MilesDavis
05-29-2004, 12:01 AM
The end was too easy.

Huge win.

Congrats Greg

William
05-29-2004, 12:02 AM
CONGRATS GREG. FANTASTIC PLAY!!!!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

durron597
05-29-2004, 12:04 AM
WTG Greg!!!!!!!!!!

Sloats
05-29-2004, 12:07 AM
Great job.

B Dids
05-29-2004, 12:07 AM
http://www.bdids.com/images/fossilman.JPG

My new wallpaper

MWC
05-29-2004, 12:12 AM
Remeber pijuicer (the guy who declined Greg's deal offer in the qualifier)? At least he's got a more interesting story to tell now...

PrayingMantis
05-29-2004, 12:17 AM
Absolutely amazing. I've stayed awake here in Israel, it's 7:00 AM, just to see this great performance, unreal.

Congratiolations for winning the WSOP!!!

You are the champion of the world, and I'm proud to be a 2+2er, knowing there is something called SKILL, TALENT, ABILITY. You are a gifted player, you had your share of luck, and when it all comes together, it's not about cards or chips or people anymore, it's pure magic. Amazing game, I love poker, this is just beyond belief. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Moozh
05-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Amazing! What a week it's been. How appropriate to cap it with this fairytale ending. Congratulations Greg.

Mason Malmuth
05-29-2004, 12:33 AM
Hi ElSapo:

I think that Greg has a lot of friends on these forums and he would be the first to tell you. It's a great win for a most deserving player.

Best wishes,
Mason

Oblivious
05-29-2004, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds implausible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess I won't be trusting Stars with any of my money....

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this hand have to do with trusting pokerstars with your money? I know it was incorrect, but that has nothing to do with the actual game software.

GWB
05-29-2004, 06:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Break for dinner. Play resumes in an hour. All non-ESPN media have been evicted from the room. Not surprising, since there's $50 million in cash lying around.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know people in the media. They are scum. This was a very smart move. /images/graemlins/grin.gif