PDA

View Full Version : Basic Review Hand: KK

Ulysses
05-28-2004, 04:11 AM
I thought of some good reasons to call the flop and other good reasons to raise. I'm still on the fence. I actually pondered the river bet for a few moments - think it's a simple auto-bet?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: akshawnd is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, akshawnd raises, SB folds, BB 3-bets, UTG folds, CO calls, akshawnd caps, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, CO bets, akshawnd calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, CO bets, akshawnd raises, BB folds, CO calls.

River: (12.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
CO checks, akshawnd bets, CO calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
CO shows Qs 8c (one pair, queens).
akshawnd shows Kd Kc (one pair, kings).
Outcome: akshawnd wins 14.25 BB. </font>

stripsqueez
05-28-2004, 04:52 AM
i play it the same way

the flop seems normal enough - you want the bet from the BB although maybe he will pay 2 ? and you get to raise the expensive street

the river is ugly - i think bet is close to auto - i probably call a raise feeling sick - if i didnt bet it would likely be the opponent i wouldnt call a raise against

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

fyodor
05-28-2004, 01:01 PM
At first I was thinking you should raise the flop to get rid of the BB. How many times did I wait for the turn to do my raising only to find out the guy I would have knocked out picked up something on the turn?

But then I thought about what the BB could have 3 bet with that he would fold for 2 small bets that he won't fold for 1 small bet that he could get help with on the turn? K/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif?

So you're right. Wait till the turn to raise.

The Ace on the end is kind of scary but there aren't too many holdings he could have containing an Ace where he would still be around at this point. A9 or A7. Much more likely he has exactly what he had - some sort of a Queen.