PDA

View Full Version : QQ in a huge pot

DaveFoldsFive
05-28-2004, 12:49 AM
The table is pretty mixed in its loose/tight tendencies. For a while I thought they were pretty tight, but then some recent plays surprised me. For all intents and purposes, they could be almost anything at this point.

Please correct any mistakes in strategy. Results to come.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

The preflop check-raise by MP2 caught me a little off guard, so when it got back around to me with calls and one to act behind me, I figured I might as well assume I'm up against a large pair. Either way, my new goal is to get people to fold as soon as possible any way I can. So I cap.

Flop: (20 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

With rags and a flush draw, I figure I'm not going to get anyone to fold by checkraising who wouldn't have folded on their own, so I decide to save that for the turn. I figure since UTG has been hesitating, this may get rid of him

Turn: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Success. I figure CO's on the draw and MP2 is either representing KK or lower, a scared AA, or an overplayed AK/AQ. Maybe not. At this point, I'm just looking to keep anyone from drawing a higher pair and praying I make it to the showdown without the flush card falling.

River: (20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Easy check? I figure no one's going to fold and I only risk getting check raised by god-knows-what.

Final Pot: 20 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 20 BB, between CO, Hero and MP2.</font>

tj00
05-28-2004, 01:37 AM
Looks well played. I usually do not fear the limp re-raise preflop. It is garbage more often than AA/KK. Bet the river, you will often get called by weaker hands, because the pot is so large.

DiamondDave
05-28-2004, 06:50 AM
Bet the river.

asdf1234
05-28-2004, 06:52 AM
I like how you played it except for the river check. Bet, you will be called by worse hands.