PDA

View Full Version : DId I misplay this flopped set?

arkady
05-27-2004, 11:59 PM
Small pocket pairs have been a problem this whole month, wonder if this is the reason. Feel free to comment on any street!

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $4.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (14.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets $8 (All-In)</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (17.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players, 1 all-in) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

<font color="green"> Do I raise? What if the flush 3-bets? Whats the best course of action here? With so many people, this is just scary... </font>

River: (21.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 24.66 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 15.16 BB, between MP1, SB, Hero and UTG.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 9.50 BB, between SB, Hero and UTG.</font>

Alobar
05-28-2004, 12:29 AM
Raise the turn. SB looks like he's jamming with an overpair, while someone may have the flush behind you and you wont fold out a big heart, the last thing you want to do is let someone in with a lone small or middle heart see the river when there is a good chance they fold for two bets, but call with one. The pot is huge so you want to do everything in your power to win it. You've also got some outs even if someone does have the flush.

When no one raises the turn it looks like you might be ahead on the river, but I think going for the overcalls is the safer/smart play.

arkady
05-28-2004, 10:36 AM
In a pot this big, do you really think I am going to fold out a big heart? Then again if there is as good chance they are drawing to one heart as they are sitting with a made flush I guess raising the turn is the only right thing to do and I messed that up. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Alobar
05-28-2004, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In a pot this big, do you really think I am going to fold out a big heart?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you might fold out something like the Th, and definately stuff like the 3h. That could end up being the difference between you winning this pot and losing it if the river comes down with the 4th heart

sfer
05-28-2004, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In a pot this big, do you really think I am going to fold out a big heart?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but they're going to call 2 on the turn while not overcalling on the river if they miss.

eh923
05-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Great point. I frequently hesitate to raise the turn against a scary board in favor of popping the river, only to see them fold since they missed their draws.

gamblore99
05-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Alobar makes a good case. But in HPFAP they say that with more than when the turn puts 3 of the same suit on that you should just check and call if you are up against 4 or more opponents. As I see it there is a good chance I am now behind but still have a lot of outs and want to stay in this hand. I would hate to be reraisd.

gamblore99
05-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Alobar makes a good case. But in HPFAP they say that with more than when the turn puts 3 of the same suit on that you should just check and call if you are up against 4 or more opponents. As I see it there is a good chance I am now behind but still have a lot of outs and want to stay in this hand. I would hate to be reraisd.

arkady
05-28-2004, 12:13 PM
I was pretty much following the S&amp;M mantra on this one - I must point out that my position didnt make life any easier. Obviously if everyone called one I would have raised them all, but who knows what hell might unless with 4 more to act.

Interestingly enough, I would be equally angry if I were in the last position and it came back to me reraised, you almost would rather call 1 more in 2nd position and hope to fill up.

But overall, Alobar and Sfer are right. You want to fold out small cards of the same suit and definitely have the draws pay.

I also could have raised the river and had the SB pay me off, because it definitely felt like an overpair.