PDA

View Full Version : The real story about 50%+ ROI

Bozeman
05-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Here are the important points that I believe hold true for SNG results:

A) 50% ROI is possible (as is 50% ITM), subject to some important constraints, see below
B) If you can make 50% ROI, you can make more $/time at the next level up
C) At the highest levels (I have a lot of experience at $215 and $109 levels), these numbers are not sustainable
D) Statistical significance: to be better than +-10% statistically certain of your ROI, you need > 300 SNG's (possibly >> 300).

Therefore: no one should play enough SNG's at a particular level to be statistically certain they are 50% ROI or better.

Caveat: massive multitabling could negate some of these arguments.

Craig

Lori
05-27-2004, 11:58 PM
no one should play enough SNG's at a particular level to be statistically certain they are 50% ROI or better.

Unfortunately I have to live out of my roll, so I have played way too many $11 SNGs.

Lori

Michael Davis
05-28-2004, 12:29 AM
Please stop.

My results in these have been going down gradually over the past few months.

-Michael

Lori
05-28-2004, 12:54 AM
I shall try to stop believe me. I'm gradually building my roll to sustain a higher level of play, when this happens I should be safe as all winnings over a certain point are expendable and go onto my roll.

Lori

Bozeman
05-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Perhaps you are the exception that proves the rule.

Were/are you playing these many at once?

GL on the bankroll front,
Craig

ZootMurph
05-28-2004, 12:17 PM
I'm sorta new to this area of the forums... can you please tell me what ROI and ITM mean?

Thanks!

Prickly Pete
05-28-2004, 12:23 PM
ROI = Return on Investment
ITM = In the Money %

Losing all
05-28-2004, 01:46 PM
I'm dealing with the same problem. I have the "accepted" br for 30's, and then some, but needing to make a draw every couple weeks I'm playing it very safe. I know this weak-tight roll management is costing me much bigger paydays, and br growth. It's nice to have the piece of mind of damn near zero RoR and a steady(albeit small) income with slight growth. I'm getting close to bust out mode though (when I hit my goal I'll probably bump it up another 500$, what a sissy boy)

NotMitch
05-28-2004, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here are the important points that I believe hold true for SNG results:

A) 50% ROI is possible (as is 50% ITM), subject to some important constraints, see below
B) If you can make 50% ROI, you can make more $/time at the next level up
C) At the highest levels (I have a lot of experience at $215 and $109 levels), these numbers are not sustainable
D) Statistical significance: to be better than +-10% statistically certain of your ROI, you need > 300 SNG's (possibly >> 300).

Therefore: no one should play enough SNG's at a particular level to be statistically certain they are 50% ROI or better.

Caveat: massive multitabling could negate some of these arguments.

Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

But some people just dont want to move up. Ive been beating the $10+1's at Party for a while now and and taken out the winnings rather than letting my bankroll grow and moving up. Playing any higher just isn't something I'm interested in right now, and I'm sure there are others who feel the same way.