PDA

View Full Version : Fossilman take a hit!

Jim Kuhn
05-27-2004, 11:55 PM
This was in the WPT forum. He loses all in to a set of aces but still has a small chip lead. Best wishes Greg in holding your lead and bringing home the $5 million!

[ QUOTE ]
assuming that the thing that occured on pokerstars was what actually happened, it looked like (if memory serves);

there was a smallish raise preflop, greg and the player on his left take the flop, which comes something like AQT, there's some smallish action. turn x, greg bets a couple hundred thousand, opp calls, river, x, greg all in, opp instantly calls, shows set of aces.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Jim Kuhn
05-28-2004, 01:09 AM
Greg is the big chip leader with 12 players left. Greg has $5.55 million and second place has $2.5 million. All remaining players are guaranteed at least $373,000. Good luck Greg!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Baulucky
05-28-2004, 06:06 AM
That's great news. He played to win and he's almost there.

Anybody cares to ellaborate on the "exacting" procedure to the picking up of all the small stacks one by one by the big stacks?.(In this case Greg is an enormous favorite, correct?).

In the rare instances that I've had a big stack (online) when 2-3 tables are left, I have not made best use of it. I believe there is some point where radical adaptation of playing style is needed. It'd be nice to get some input. (Please don't tell me to go and read TPFAP...).

How do you choose opportunities to bully/steal?. How do you choose to pass on big confrontations?. All tough questions...