PDA

View Full Version : Calling station...

Ahigh
05-27-2004, 10:04 PM
20-40 HE Taj
The game is pretty good featuring an even mix of local regulars(i wouldn't go as far as calling some of them pros) and tourists.
MP is a regular (just not a really good one), LP is also a regular but in higher limits so i have no read on him at all. Anyway...
Folded to MP who raises, LP calls and I call from BB with 99.
Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
MP bets , LP raises i cold call 2 .
Turn 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Check , check , bet , call, call...
River 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet out , MP folds, LP raises i call...
Fire away...

Steve Giufre
05-27-2004, 10:09 PM
Hey A High,

I would probably check call the river, if either of them have a real pair you're in rough shape. It looks like you are up agaist A7s but I would call the last bet since the pot is big. Who was the high limit regular in LP by the way?

Nightwish
05-27-2004, 10:23 PM
On the flop, do you think LP has a pocket pair higher than yours? Or a set? I find that highly unlikely. I would 3-bet right there and lead out on the turn if it's not capped on the flop.

The river bet makes no sense to me. I would check-call.

CrackerZack
05-27-2004, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The river bet makes no sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Along with the flop and turn play. They work well together.

PittRounder
05-28-2004, 11:58 AM
I think you must check/3-bet this flop or muck it there. I really hate calling 2 cold. The river bet is begging to be raised by a 7 and you're going to pay off a bet from a bigger overpair anyway, so it really accomplishes nothing.

MrGo
05-28-2004, 02:29 PM
Following the play of the LP, I put him 88 or TT. A7s is another possibility. I don't like your river bet here. Check/call the river.