PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Time to go to Vegas!

JoeU
05-27-2004, 07:35 PM
If anyone can pull themselves away from the WPT forum (including me), they will see that I will be in Vegas on Memorial Day for the entire week! I've been looking forward to this trip for a VERY long time. I'm hoping to meet up with some of the Vegas regulars while I'm out there. So Dynasty (I promise I won't wear the Matsui jersey like I did at Foxwoods /images/graemlins/grin.gif), Clark (yes Clark, I'll buy you a beer), and especially the "Noted Poker Authority". I am staying at Mandalay Bay and planning on playing there, the Bellagio, the Mirage, and possibly in the no-limit at the Orleans. I'm usually wearing some type of sports jersey. This time, I will limit them to my Yankees Matsui jersey (sorry Dynasty, but you can't miss that one), my Cowboys Roy Williams jersey, and my Juventus jersey with no name on the back (for those that don't know, it looks like a hockey ref's jersey).

If anyone wants to meet up, please let me know. You can PM me and I'll PM my work e-mail back to you so we can set something up (I have a blackberry and will get e-mail in Vegas).

Hope to meet up with everyone!

Joe

JoeU
05-30-2004, 12:10 PM
Are you telling me there will be no one in Vegas next week? Is everyone following Greg Raymer back to CT like some Grateful Dead tour groupie?

Joe

Uston
05-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Please tell me that your Matsui jersey doesn't say "GODZILLA" on the back.

JoeU
05-30-2004, 12:34 PM
No No, it says Matsui and has the #55.

My daughter has a matching jersey /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Joe

Uston
05-30-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm thinking of calling DCF and reporting you.

PM Clarkmeister about meeting up in Vegas. If he doesn't get back to you in three hours, send him a belligerent follow-up.

JoeU
05-30-2004, 05:00 PM
I would call DCF myself if it was a Garciaparra jersey! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Clarkmeister has about 2 more hours to go.

Would I be on your bad side if I told you I was also an Orangeman fan?

Joe

CrackerZack
05-30-2004, 06:42 PM
I'm wearing my Orangemen (now Orange) jersey right now. I like the follow up PM idea. Good luck out there

JoeU
05-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Thanks Zack. I'll see you and Erica in 2 weeks. Hope I have enough money for AC /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Joe

Mason Malmuth
05-30-2004, 10:17 PM
Hi Joe:

Hope you have a good trip. Right now my only poker is looking at these forums and working on our new book with Ed Miller and David, so I don't think I'll be at The Bellagio as I usually am. If you do see me, please introduce yourself, but it will probably have to wait until next trip.

Best wishes,
Mason

nolanfan34
05-31-2004, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's a Lawrence Moten, Sherman Douglas or Rony Seikaly jersey, then you're cool with me, even if you're a Yankee fan. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Have fun in Vegas!

Robk
05-31-2004, 02:27 AM
everyone remembers the good years, but you're a real fan if you remember mediocrities like "poetry in" moten. well done.

JoeU
05-31-2004, 04:53 AM
I went to school there when Billy Owens and LeRon Ellis were on the basketball team and the #5 at quarterback was Marvin Graves.

Man, am I old!

Joe

JoeU
05-31-2004, 04:54 AM
Thanks Mason, hopefully I'll bump into you.

I told my wife that because we are not staying at the Bellagio this time, we have to go back soon. So I think another trip is definitely "in the cards".

Joe

Uston
05-31-2004, 12:39 PM

I have no problem with Syracuse, as, like Western Michigan and Fairfield, they are just another team with less NCAA titles than UConn. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif