PDA

View Full Version : What say you to this fold?

BottlesOf
05-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero folds, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

River: (11 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13 BB, between Button and SB.</font>

Trix
05-27-2004, 07:12 PM
I fold preflop and bet the flop, but I think the fold is fine, given that you checked.

BottlesOf
05-27-2004, 07:15 PM
I didn't bet the flop because I was confident it would be raised thus costing me two bets and possible knocking out potential calls. I figured all of my outs are clean with the possible exception of the A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Trix
05-27-2004, 07:24 PM
You need to bet into the button so he can raise his overcards or overpair and put some pressure on the others. If your pair of 4s are good, then you really want people out. You might also get someone to fold a better hand, 66 or 55 fx. Maybe even 7x.

mosta
05-27-2004, 07:26 PM
I also fold it preflop. From the button I'd usually raise (unless a blind was highly aggressive), from CO I think I'd usually fold.

Hoping to see the turn for one bet, multi-way makes some sense, and when it gets raised I would fold too. But your five-outs-and-backdoor-flush is not really a drawing hand.
So what's more likely, improving and beating a medium sized field, or taking it down right on the flop. I'd rather try to get heads up against the three-better and test whether he has a pair. You bet out hoping he'll raise, clear the field, and you three-bet him. He may fold right there. If he calls, you have to lead the turn and hope he folds. If he calls there too, you hate anything you do on the river (assuming the board hasn't given you reason to back off and give up). Sometimes you fire at the river and he gives up. Sometimes you check call and you're good. Sometimes you check fold. If it seems like a lot of money and stress invested in a pair of fours, well then don't play A4 for a raise shorthanded. Oh yeah, and if he caps the flop, you can check fold the turn without improvement. (compare, calling flop raise, betting turn, folding = 2 BB. check calling flop, turn, and river = 2.5 BB.)

BottlesOf
05-27-2004, 07:30 PM
I like what you are saying, i didn't consider the possibility that my hand was best at the point enough.