PDA

View Full Version : Ferguson - Unbelievable!!!

MrGo
05-27-2004, 05:08 PM
What a comeback so far...now has over 200k. He was down to 3k. What an amazing comeback and a will to win.

SaintAces
05-27-2004, 05:09 PM
woohoo!

ChristinaB
05-27-2004, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What a comeback so far...now has over 200k. He was down to 3k. What an amazing comeback and a will to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

A "will to win"?

He won a bunch of all-ins (given his stack, he didn't have much choice). Luck, not a will to win.

btw, more luck to him. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MrGo
05-27-2004, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A "will to win"? He won a bunch of all-ins (given his stack, he didn't have much choice). Luck, not a will to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think getting to the 6th day of the WSOP shows some serious will.

SaintAces
05-27-2004, 05:13 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sincere
05-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Is a man with nothing to lose.

Clarkmeister
05-27-2004, 05:14 PM
Amen. I am so tired of all the romanticizing that goes on regarding this stuff. Will to win my ass. And I'm rooting for him.

Dilbert
05-27-2004, 05:16 PM
ChristinaB is a complete Moron, and Clarkmeister is a fool to support her.

trillig
05-27-2004, 05:17 PM
I am a believer in the chip and a chair theory.

I have seen 2 tourneys won by guys with 1 chip left at one point.

Last night in fact at the Sahara, one guy got down to one chip and made the final table and the money, oddly he donated ALL his winnings to the dealers.
He won about 6 hands in a row he went in with, half no one called him off even though he was very LOW stack at the table... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Another guy was still there when I left with VegasChip after he went out 6th, who had been crippled earlier to: 3000 like Jesus and then could NOT lose a hand... and was now chip leader and knocked out poor VC, A6s vs JTs and neither got any help for the board....

-Bri

Clarkmeister
05-27-2004, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ChristinaB is a complete Moron, and Clarkmeister is a fool to support her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where was his vaunted "will to win" when he called nearly all-in with 44? And I suppose his "will to win" is why his AK held up against J9s a few hands later, right? Thank god he kept his focus, or the other guy might have made a pair!

Myrtle
05-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Dil.....

Chill out....Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while....

Christina just found hers this month, and Clark is just re-affirming the obvious........

namknils
05-27-2004, 05:23 PM
I'm with Clark and Christina all the way on this one. It takes great play, focus, and a "will to win" to get to day six, but after he got their and got busted down to 3K it wasn't a will to win that got him a few double ups in a row.

B Dids
05-27-2004, 05:30 PM
Again- the Zoo is located 4 forums down. Grownups are in this forum. I renew my plea for a "report post to moderator" button.

Stew
05-27-2004, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Again- the Zoo is located 4 forums down. Grownups are in this forum. I renew my plea for a "report post to moderator" button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, why don't you stop by, or are you afraid you might learn something while making a man out of yourself?

Dilbert
05-27-2004, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, why don't you stop by, or are you afraid you might learn something while making a man out of yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like dribbling-Dids (the old man) and Stew (the zoo's favorite goat) want to take control of yet another forum. Watch out Mat Sklansky - they want your job.

drewjustdrew
05-27-2004, 07:03 PM
I read, probably somewhere other than where you read, that he raised all-in with fours, not called an all-in bet. That makes much more sense considering that Chris is too smart a player to risk 800,000 on a small pair like that.

I did see a post that said he called, but I have seen a lot of bogus info so far, so it all has to be taken with a grain of salt.