PDA

View Full Version : Man, am I weak

DaveFoldsFive
05-27-2004, 12:04 PM
... but the table is loose...

What to do?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 15.50 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

dmk
05-27-2004, 12:06 PM
I drop it on the flop. If you plan on playing it out, you have to raise the turn to see where you're at.

mmanne
05-27-2004, 12:11 PM
If the table is passive, then it's a good pre-flop call, even the raise isn't that bad - it's just more money in the pot. I think the flop is the time to get out.

When it's two bets to you on the flop, I don't think I see any way that you can be ahead, and you might be drawing dead. At least one of the two has either completed flush, big flush draw, over pair, better Q, two pair or a set.

Let it go, and live to play the next hand.

StellarWind
05-27-2004, 12:28 PM
It is reasonable to guess on the flop that BB has either a better pair or a flush draw or both. UTG+1 probably raised with a flush draw or actual flush. I don't have any problem with folding the flop as this could get very ugly.

Let's assume you decide you want to play:

Raise the flop: this will force out the people behind you and may force out BB if he only has a better pair. You could get heads up with a flush draw in UTG+1.

Raise the turn: UTG+1's call really looks like a flush draw or one pair. You got lucky and probably have the best hand. Cash in.

Raise the river: Ditto.

If BB shows you a made flush too bad. You need to bet your hand when the odds favor you. You took a big risk to get this situation.

elindauer
05-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Hi Dave,

Fold the flop. You are often hopelessly behind at this point. The times you are ahead, you may be drawn out on. The fact that you caught perfect on the turn and still didn't raise when it was one bet to you should raise some red flags (I assume it did and that's why you posted).

That said, you should raise the turn. BB is much more like to show AsQ (3 ways) AsA (3 ways) KsK (3 ways) than he is to show AsKs (1) or QQ (3). He may even have AA, KK or AQ without a spade (15 ways). Even better, if he has a hand that beats you, he may still only call your raise, with AsKs in an attempt to bring along the third player, and with QQ because he fears you hold a flush.

If you raise and get the opportunity, check behind if the board pairs low. Value bet should a non-spade non-pair fall.

my 2 cents.
-eric

pudley4
05-27-2004, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J, Q.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB raises, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) Q, 5, 8 (6 players)
SB checks, BB bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero folds...

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed.