PDA

View Full Version : AKo with a 3-bettor

Rico Suave
05-27-2004, 11:07 AM
3-bettor is unknown. CO is loose and likes to call, usually to the end just in case his hand is good, although he will occasionally get frisky.

I am pretty sure I did not play this optimally.... tell me what I should do differently. (I know the "cap preflop" comments are coming. Usually I do shorthanded, but I did not here. Not sure why......perhaps b/c my session sucked.)

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Rico is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Rico raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 <font color="purple">(Unknown)</font> 3-bets</font>, CO <font color="purple">(Way loose CS)</font> calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Rico calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Rico bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Unknown raises</font>, Way loose CS calls, Rico calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Rico checks, <font color="CC3333">Unknown bets</font>, Way loose CS calls, Rico calls.

River: (11.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Rico checks, <font color="CC3333">Unknown bets</font>, Way loose CS calls, Rico calls.

sublime
05-27-2004, 11:25 AM
I dont see why you have to cap preflop here against an unknown.

The rest of the hand looks fine. the K didnt seem to faze your opponent, although if he held JJ you would think he would wait until the turn to raise you.

namknils
05-27-2004, 11:26 AM
I think you went into calldown mode to quickly. I don't mind at all your lack of the preflop cap, I wouldn't cap it either, but I would have three bet on the flop to see what will happen there.

eh923
05-27-2004, 11:36 AM
I like how you played this. Since you don't know his raising standards, your caution was appropriate.

With TPTK, it would be nice to see a showdown as cheaply as possible since it's possible you're ahead (AJ, QQ, or KQ), but it's more likely that you're WAY behind (AA, KK, or JJ) the pre-flop 3-bettor. Not only that, but if you're chopping with another big slick, it would be nice not to lose the calling station (hey, it could happen for 2 BB's!).

I can't see laying this down to a single bet on the turn or river (although I don't think you implied that you'd thought about that!).

And in case you care, I don't like capping AKo when my raise get's 3-bet. I can't imagine being a big favorite pre-flop, or that other people will drop pre-flop with that much in the pot.

eh923