PDA

View Full Version : no hope for me at Party

Che
05-27-2004, 03:53 AM
(Warning: Just needed to vent.)

So I've played 14 multis this year at party without making the money a single time. Closest effort was getting AA cracked for 75th with 60 places paid. Until tonight.

843 runners in the $30+3. Down to 93. 90 paid. Cards have been cold and I've been a below average stack the whole time, but this is probably the best I've played in the last 3 months (not saying it was great play - just really good for me /images/graemlins/smirk.gif).

Blinds: 300/600. I have 5352 and get black queens UTG+2. I open-raise to 1800. Big stack (15000+) three to my left calls. Others fold.

No problem - not real impressed with big stack's play so far, but he seems to be multi-tabling so he might be really good but just not paying much attention. Who knows?

Flop: 996 with 2 diamonds.

I push in my remaining 3552. He instacalls and shows AA. Turn is a blank and the river is an A to add insult to injury.

I wait two minutes or so for hands at other tables to finish to find out I finished 92nd. Eesh. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

As one of the other players at the table commented: "They're torturing you man."

Tell me about it.

Like I said - just had to vent. Thanks for listening. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Che

dmk
05-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Eek. Nothing you can do about that. Tough loss, but you'll get 'em next time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

FWIW, I'm not just gonna limp into the money in that situation, I push as well.