PDA

View Full Version : Here's and Interesting PT question

Sarge85
05-27-2004, 02:51 AM
As I was sorting through tonights and last nights sessions of hands, I was using PT and filtering between

Hands I vol. put money in AND won at Showdown

&

Hands I vol. put money in AND lost at Showdown

my win is 5.98 BB/Hand and my loss is (3.51)BB/Hand

I'm curious - Does anyone else look at this ratio? Does it mean anything?

I know MS had a post with some good benchmarks - I'm wondering if there is a similar benchmark for these stats.

Sarge /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

DogRockets
05-27-2004, 03:30 AM
my win is 5.98 BB/Hand and my loss is (3.51)BB/Hand

Mine win is 5.83BB/Hand and loss is 3.42BB/Hand... guess it means we win more than we lose. Would be interesting to see some others ratios.

MicroBob
05-27-2004, 08:43 AM
mine is 5.61 and 3.60.

i'm not really sure what that means though (other than the fact that our numbers seem to be in the same general range).

any multi-way pot that you win you are going to be pulling in more than you put into the pot....spending 5BB to drag a 20BB pot...etc.

maybe it shows that chasing when you have good pot-odds really does work..but i think we already knew that.

the fact that my numbers are a little closer together than yours (my win is lower and my loss is higher) indicates that i chase too much or am wasting bets on hands i should be tossing.
regardless of whether the numbers prove it i know this is true of my game sometimes.

interesting.

Sarge85
05-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Well my PT database is still very small, so my numbers are probably over inflated (or deflated I suppose).

I think there maybe some valuable information here, but I'm not sure what. It may not be any more or less important than just looking at your BB/100hand.

Maybe I should toss this up in the Probability section and let the math boys chime in on it.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MicroBob
05-27-2004, 01:17 PM
i don't think there are ANY stats more important than BB/100.

if you have played 100k hands and are winning 20BB/100 then you could have a VIP of 100 or 1.2 for all i care...i would recommend not changing a thing.