PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best Flop Play Here

Sarge85
05-27-2004, 02:35 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Foolhardy?

What about a rainbow flop?

Sarge /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Alobar
05-27-2004, 02:52 AM
eh, I don't like it. There are too many people in the hand with too many draws on the board for this to work well enough to be +EV I think, especially if this is the same table as some of the other hands you've posted are from, because there are quit a few retards in those, and its best to save your chips for when you have a much better chance instead of playing to their need to make it a crap shoot. I think you'll still get people calling with overcards and then you're going to be out of posistion for the turn. I just call here.

Sarge85
05-27-2004, 10:45 AM
Would a raise make sense if I held:

K/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif
maybe K/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (Though now i lose an overcard)

Am I trying to make things happen with sh*tty cards?

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BeerMoney
05-27-2004, 11:23 AM
What do you think of the Preflop call?

mmanne
05-27-2004, 11:32 AM
I'd have to be very sure that the table is especially loose passive to call that pre-flop. Personally, I dont' like KTs at all. I don't think it plays particularly well up front against a small number of opponents or a lot of opponents.

matt

PokerBob
05-27-2004, 11:39 AM
Fold preflop. That said, fold the flop. You are unlikely to get rid of everyone with that raise. If you don't wanna fold, I think calling is better than raising, as IMO your best bet is runnerrunner hearts, in which case you want lots of folks in there. Catching a K probably puts you in kicker trouble.

Sarge85
05-27-2004, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd have to be very sure that the table is especially loose passive to call that pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This table qualifies.

I recall reading a while back that I should be trying to get in on flops when I have suited broadway cards.

Should I just change that thinking to suited face cards?

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Bob T.
05-27-2004, 11:54 AM
If I was going to play in that position, I would probably have openraised preflop.

Once you limp in, you let the most opponenents in, and you make the pot as small as possible. I would just fold when confronted with a bet, with a lot of players left to act behind me.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

dmk
05-27-2004, 11:55 AM
Pre-flop call is questionable, but if its truely passive, then its fine. I normally fold.

Flop I play the same way. Its a fairly large pot, I want it. By raising, you're most likely cutting the field down to yourself and the BB. You could very well win this hand w/ a turn bet, and you're still drawing to 6 outs + a track star (runner/runner) flush.

Alobar
05-27-2004, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What do you think of the Preflop call?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the right table there is nothing wrong with it. Looks like he is at the right table

BigEndian
05-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Fine PF if you REALLY think you can get to the flop w/o a raise. I probably would have folded this myself.

Once you're confronted with a bet, on the flop - fold. There's nothing here worth continuing on for and there's a large field behind you.

Not having position sucks doesn't it?

- Jim