PDA

View Full Version : QQ against a pre-flop LAG

The Setup
05-27-2004, 02:27 AM
MP in this hand was raising pre-flop about 80% of the time and keeps betting on the flop and beyond most of the time. How did I do? Should I have 3-bet pre-flop? Comments on all streets appreciated

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP raises, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, MP bets, Hero raises, MP 3-bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero bets, MP raises, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qh Qc (one pair, queens).
MP shows Ac 7d (one pair, sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.50 BB. </font>

Schneids
05-27-2004, 05:05 AM
You'd do yourself well by 3-betting PF and ensuring it is HU against the maniac, which will then in turn make it much easier for you to play your hand against the maniac.

Since you know he's a maniac, think about what kinds of hands he could have that beat you, and then think about the extreme number of hands that you pulverize.

I sometimes feel like I wimp out and don't get as much out of maniacs as I could, but I think your flop and turn line is fine. If you aren't going to 3-bet the turn though, I think you should again bet out on the river and call a raise.

In most situations, I relate my hand to the board and sort of assess "just how many BBs is the maximum I can get out of my opponent where it is still very likely my hand is better than his (ie at what point does the amount of action he's giving me signify there's a reasonable chance my hand is not good)." In this hand, for the turn and river, I put my goal at 4-5BBs for the two streets, since this player is a maniac.