PDA

View Full Version : AQs against someone who plays to many hands, and bluffs to much

Sarge85
05-27-2004, 02:14 AM
Since sitting at the table, I've noticed abount be in just about every 3 pots or so, and will try to put moves on people.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 6.75 BB, between BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (6.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Kc As (high card, ace).
Hero shows Qd Ad (high card, ace).
Outcome: BB wins 6.75 BB. </font>

Rarely I go to the river without something, but I feel like I get pushed off pots that my AK or AQ would have won.

Where does a good player dump this hand?

Sarge /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Alobar
05-27-2004, 02:19 AM
You say he is in alot of pots and tries to put moves on people. But what kind of cards does he do this with? And does he do it PF? If he is the type to 3 bet PF with nothing, then I would have capped it. You've got posistion and its heads up, take control.

Against a solid player, I would lay it down on the turn.

Depending on how maniacal the guy is, I might have raised the flop to take the free card on the turn if I needed it (wouldnt do this if he was the 3bet maniac type), and then maybe call the river if he bets it, again, all dependant on read