PDA

View Full Version : A serious question about Ed Miller's book

jdl22
05-27-2004, 02:10 AM
So my question is about what matters. On the back of the forthcoming book by Ed Miller N.P.A. will he have a photo where he will be wearing:

1. huge glasses
2. a collared shirt straight out of the '70s

The back of every 2+2 book I own (TOP, HPFAP, HEP, POP, and PE I) has a picture on the back that looks like it came from the David Letterman "What's with the old guys and big glasses?" bits. I also own Pot Limit & No Limit Poker and Super System on which the authors (Reuben and Ciaffone, Doyle) are drawn with the aforementioned large glasses and collared shirts. Will this trend continue? Does the Noted Poker Authority wear (big) glasses? If not, will he put them on for the photo shoot?

If the anwer to these last questions is no, I'm not sure I will be able to purchase the book. It will be like Homer giving the presentation at the plant after he has lost his hair. Sure it may seem like the guy knows what he is talking about, but how can I really trust his word if he doesn't even wear glasses?

Ed Miller
05-27-2004, 05:33 AM
Sure it may seem like the guy knows what he is talking about, but how can I really trust his word if he doesn't even wear glasses?

I do wear glasses, but my current pair is of modest proportions. I will take your input under heavy consideration. It has come at a good time, as we have not yet selected a picture for the back cover.

Moyer
05-27-2004, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It has come at a good time, as we have not yet selected a picture for the back cover.

[/ QUOTE ]

My vote is for some good boobs.

sfer
05-27-2004, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The back of every 2+2 book I own (TOP, HPFAP, HEP, POP, and PE I) has a picture on the back that looks like it came from the David Letterman "What's with the old guys and big glasses?" bits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just assumed that S&M et al stuck to the old photos and the anxillary "frozen in time" effect so they would be less identifiable at the tables.

benfranklin
05-27-2004, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just assumed that S&M et al stuck to the old photos and the anxillary "frozen in time" effect so they would be less identifiable at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are correct. Therefore, Ed should have his high school yearbook picture on the back cover.

sfer
05-27-2004, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Therefore, Ed should have his high school yearbook picture on the back cover.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that NPA Ed Miller is still under the quarter century mark so the yearbook photo would be like 6 years old.

whiskeytown
05-27-2004, 02:04 PM
if they put that on the back cover, I'll have to break my rule about not reading poker books at the table while I'm playing ....LOL

HDPM
05-27-2004, 03:54 PM
I think you do something along the lines of Tommy V's infomercial. Have a picture of Noted Poker Authority Ed Miller sitting at a table covered in beers and cash surrounded by very talented Las Vegas dancers. The caption could be something like "Noted Poker Authority Ed Miller Enjoying Some Of The Fruits Of His Expert Play. This Could Be YOU!" Something understated like that.

Ed Miller
05-27-2004, 05:23 PM
I've heard that NPA Ed Miller is still under the quarter century mark so the yearbook photo would be like 6 years old.

You are correct, but right around the time the book comes out, I will surpass the quarter century mark. At that point, I assume that I will become essentially unrecognizable. So while I presently look exactly like my elementary school yearbook photos, by the time the book comes out, I should look like an old man.

Easy E
05-28-2004, 09:19 AM
because I couldn't make myself buy a book with advice from an 8-year old

kem
05-28-2004, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are correct, but right around the time the book comes out, I will surpass the quarter century mark. At that point, I assume that I will become essentially unrecognizable. So while I presently look exactly like my elementary school yearbook photos, by the time the book comes out, I should look like an old man.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're pretty young.. I can only think of one co2000 who's younger, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a book out yet, so you got her beat there.. i've been past the quarter century for a long time..

Ed Miller
05-28-2004, 06:12 PM
You're pretty young.. I can only think of one co2000 who's younger, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a book out yet, so you got her beat there.. i've been past the quarter century for a long time..

I skipped kindergarten.

kem
05-29-2004, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I skipped kindergarten.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you can't tie your shoes or something?

Greg J
05-29-2004, 01:34 AM
What is the topic and title?

jdl22
05-29-2004, 02:47 AM
Small Stakes Hold 'em; Winning Big with Expert Play by Ed Miller, David Sklansky, Mason Malmuth due out at some point.

Ed can (should) tell you more. I'll only say that it's about winning at limit hold'em games where your opponents play too many hands and go too far with them. For a sneak preview check out these threads:

training wheels (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=495010& Forum=f3&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=2500&Main=49501 0&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=43&daterange=1&ne werval=6&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post495010)

crushing microlimit games (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=462860&Forum= c2&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=2500&Main=462860&Sear ch=true&where=bodysub&Name=43&daterange=1&newerval =1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post 462860)