PDA

View Full Version : I guess playing obviously is sometimes the best deception

SkittleBrau
05-27-2004, 01:40 AM
UTG is super loose (VP$IP at 89%) and randomly aggressive (I think especially when someone else bets in the spots where he would bluff). SB is basically brand new to the table, so no reads. The previous two hands had been brutal suckouts against me, both low straights made on the river against my pocket aces and then against my KJ top two-pair.

My thoughts on the flop were that the others would think I was steaming from the last two hands and that given what I know, UTG was probably almost more likely to call if I raised than if I smooth-called. Does anyone just play it slow here?

On the turn, SB's check-raise is a bit suprising. Should I be worried enough about the straight, full house, or simply my kicker to slow down here? Do I smooth-call hoping for UTG to stay?

With no turn cap and checked to me on the river, now it seems like I'm safely ahead again?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between SB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (13.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 7c Th (two pair, tens and eights).
Hero shows 8h Jc (three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.50 BB. </font>

Schneids
05-27-2004, 06:51 AM
No reason to slow down, you played the hand well.