PDA

View Full Version : J4o hand (we don't get enough of these)

NotMitch
05-26-2004, 10:35 PM
4 left in a Stars Sng, Im in second with T4300, blinds at 50/100. I open raise to T300 on the button with J4o, BB with a stack of about T4500 flat calls. Flop is AK7 rainbow, a very good flop for me. He checks, I bet T500 and flat calls again. Turn is a 4 putting a second heart on the board, BB checks, do you fire again?

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-26-2004, 11:09 PM
You really have to believe he has good reason to think you're bluffing to think he has something you can beat. Take the free card and try to hit one of your 5 outs.

Nepa
05-26-2004, 11:42 PM
I would guess that he has an A or a K or both. If you pretty sure he's not going to play back at ya and could put down the hand if he hit 2nd pair I might(i stress might) fire one more shell.

P.S. Don't tell me he ends up having a pair of ducks or on the gutshot st8 draw.

NotMitch
05-27-2004, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You really have to believe he has good reason to think you're bluffing to think he has something you can beat. Take the free card and try to hit one of your 5 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. I checked behind, river was a 7 or something, he checked, I checked. His AQ was good. Either he whiffed on a check raise or he didn't want to play with the other big stack. Anyway I got a little more action after showing down J4o which is always nice.

PrayingMantis
05-27-2004, 11:58 AM
I would probably check behind on the turn too. He probably has a better piece of the flop than yours (he played it quite strangely, though).

However, one question:

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway I got a little more action after showing down J4o which is always nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really find that getting more action on the last stages of an SNG is a good thing? I'm not so sure about it. I would generally prefer to have a tighter image, up until the very last hand of the HU. Since it's SH, I usually get the action anyways, whether I like it or not... and you don't get too many good hands anyway, during this short period of play - so I prefer others simply to fold.

NotMitch
05-27-2004, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would probably check behind on the turn too. He probably has a better piece of the flop than yours (he played it quite strangely, though).

However, one question:

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway I got a little more action after showing down J4o which is always nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really find that getting more action on the last stages of an SNG is a good thing? I'm not so sure about it. I would generally prefer to have a tighter image, up until the very last hand of the HU. Since it's SH, I usually get the action anyways, whether I like it or not... and you don't get too many good hands anyway, during this short period of play - so I prefer others simply to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are 100% correct. I would love to have them all fold, but at this table I hadn't shown down a loser yet, I had picked up a bunch of pots uncontested on the flop, and had taken down the blinds with open raises a ton. So my image was very tight and getting a little action on some hands would be nice, but this might be a case of be careful what you wish for.