PDA

View Full Version : Folded turn flush draw at 6:1

sweetzer
05-26-2004, 09:40 PM
Party 15-30, many hands multihanded, with a loose, weak player to my immediate right. I'm utg with T9s.

I limp utg, utg+2 raises, and seven take the flop for 14 small bets. The BB is the weak player, I don't have a read on utg+2.

Flop is Ah Js 6s, thus I have a flush draw. Checked to me, I check, utg+2 bets, late position player calls, BB calls, I call. 4 to turn for 9 big bets.

Turn is Ac, putting two aces on the board. Check, Check, bet, fold, and the BB check raises. It is now 12:2 or 6:1 for a call with a weak flush draw.

I reasoned that the board is now paired and the original raiser likely has a large ace. The check raiser likely has an ace, and the hand that he would most likely check raise with here is the Axs of spades. Thus my spades would not necessarily be good. He could have 66 for the underfull, or another strong ace, with AJ not out of the question. Also, my bet would not close the action, and the turn could get much more expensive. The river is 3:5 to 1 to pair.

I folded.

Do these factors turn a 4.1 flush draw into worse than a 6:1? The intangible is that the big blind was not a solid player, did I place too much emphasis on putting him on a logical check raising hand?