PDA

View Full Version : JJ

spydog
05-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Reads: No reason to think the SB is tricky.

Preflop: I'm thinking I probably should have capped this preflop. Should I have???

Flop: I like my play here. Since he called my raise, I think he might be playing a lower PP or Ax.

Turn: Whhhoooa nelly.....didn't expect the check-raise. Does this pretty much tell me that he is saying 'hey, I can beat top pair'? So is this a fold..or did I do the right thing?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11.50 BB, between Hero and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (11.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 9d 9s (three of a kind, nines).
Hero shows Jc Jd (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: SB wins 11.50 BB. </font>

stripsqueez
05-26-2004, 10:15 PM
last time i played the 1/2 game at party i formed the view that when you get check raised on the turn you are beat - certainly much more than the higher limit games

with so many draws for your opponent to bluff and probably 4-5 outs folding looks like a big position but i like it

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Requeim
05-26-2004, 11:20 PM
You can't beat top pair on the turn when you were CR'ed, I'd let this hand go just about all the time unless I have notes on the specific player.

PassiveCaller
05-27-2004, 12:54 AM
I'd probably cap this most of the time.. and it looks very safe to assume that he can probably beat top pair or at the very least has AK here. I'd strongly consider folding the turn but sometimes it's rough ;-)