PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any reviews/thoughts on these books I ordered?

Gomez22
05-26-2004, 09:08 PM
I just ordered "Improve Your Poker", by Bob Ciaffone and "Inside the Poker Mind" by Feeney....

Anyone have any comments on these books?

I have Pot-Limit/No-Limit by Ciaffone & Reuben, and I thought it was great, so when I heard Ciaffone wrote this book, I immediately ordered it.

Inside the Poker Mind I ordered basically as a sort of "addendum" to my library.

bygmesterf
05-27-2004, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just ordered "Improve Your Poker", by Bob Ciaffone and "Inside the Poker Mind" by Feeney....

Anyone have any comments on these books?

I have Pot-Limit/No-Limit by Ciaffone & Reuben, and I thought it was great, so when I heard Ciaffone wrote this book, I immediately ordered it.

Inside the Poker Mind I ordered basically as a sort of "addendum" to my library.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITPM, Key Essays are IMHO, Playing too many Hands 1+2, Self Weighting cold calls, and Subtle Losses of judgement, and The strategic moment in Hold'em. Personally I thought the book was too focused on Hold'em. The essay's on playing too many hands are critically important.

I honestly thought that Improve your poker was a OK book, It's kind like Bob Caiffone's doing "Poker Essays". I think it's good to hear Bob's opinion on things, but this book won't directly improve your poker game just for having read it.

Check out Ciaffone's Middle Limit book, it's probably the best book out there for learning how to win at hold'em.