PDA

View Full Version : QQ versus the limp re-raise all-in

Abagadro
05-26-2004, 09:05 PM
Very early in large tourney, but I have been hit in the face with the deck against super-aggressive opponants and therefore have 3 times the stack of anyone on the table. New player is moved in and just calls UTG. I have QQ in late position. I raise it to 3BB. Folded to him and he goes all-in.

This early with a stack to play with, do you call?

Michael Davis
05-26-2004, 11:10 PM
It completely depends on how big his raise to all-in is. If he is shortstacked, his range of hands goes up quite a bit.

I think you have an easy fold if he has lots of chips.

-Michael

VarlosZ
05-27-2004, 12:06 AM
Yeah, assuming he has an average stack, I think you have to fold. 95% of the time, you'll be against AA, KK, or AK, and you don't like any of those hands at this stage.

VarlosZ
05-27-2004, 12:15 AM
I should add that there are exceptions. If this was a satellite or a rebuy tournament, the opposite is true and you have to call, I think. In those cases, many players are seemingly desperate to accumulate a large stack early on, and will try to offer a coin flip for all their money whenever the situation arises. That being the case, you are very likely to be up against a smaller pair.

Abagadro
05-27-2004, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

On stack size: it was a bit implied in the post, I should have made it more clear. Sorry about that.

I had him covered 3-1, but is was real, real early. My quandry was that late I would know how to play this, but early with such a big (relatively) chip lead made me think about it more than normal.