PDA

View Full Version : Fossil beats Persson

Botchy Dud
05-26-2004, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5:20 PM
Tobias Persson eliminated in 55th.
Persson all in preflop with 10-10 against Greg Raymer's J-J. The flop came 6-9-10 with two spades, giving Persson a set of tens. The turn was 8s, giving Raymer a flush draw and a straight draw. The river was another spade, giving Raymer a runner-runner flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

ChristinaB
05-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Doyle Brunson is out......

He went ALL in with pocket 10's
against Bradley Berman's Ace Seven

The board showed

A 5 5 3 J

Tosh
05-26-2004, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The river was another spade, giving Raymer a runner-runner flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this phrase people use when its allin preflop. The money went in, Jacks were a sizeable favourite, what does the card order matter ? It should say the better hand held up.

HUSKER'66
05-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Jacks were a sizeable favourite,

Yea ,they were only a 4/1 favorite going in.(actually a little more than that but I took the liberty of rounding down)

Husker

Tosh
05-26-2004, 09:52 PM
You don't need to tell me what kind of favourite they were, the point is the best hand, when the money went in, won. All this crap about runner runner flush or what have you is irrelevant.

ChristinaB
05-26-2004, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The river was another spade, giving Raymer a runner-runner flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this phrase people use when its allin preflop. The money went in, Jacks were a sizeable favourite, what does the card order matter ? It should say the better hand held up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its the rules of the game, Greg sucked out on the river - deal with it.

HUSKER'66
05-26-2004, 10:19 PM
A 4/1 dog hit his two outer on the flop and had a short lead.The better hand came back and won the hand.

Deal with that.

My observations from the way your handling this are as follows.

1) You've either gone all in preflop as a favorite, and have had many worse hands "suckout" on you.......or

2)You've been the dog preflop, hit a miracle card on the flop....only to have the better hand preflop come back.

Which is it?

Husker

JohnShaft
05-26-2004, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My observations from the way your handling this are as follows.

1) You've either gone all in preflop as a favorite, and have had many worse hands "suckout" on you.......or

2)You've been the dog preflop, hit a miracle card on the flop....only to have the better hand preflop come back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya'know I was going to post EXACTLY the same thing but my 'niceness' gene kicked in. (Hate that)

But Christina, this whole defense has been pretty ridiculous. I suggest you stop digging, because you're only getting yourself in deeper.

Oh, yeah, and is it 1 or 2? I want to know also. Sadly my moneys on 2.

BreakEvenPlayer
05-26-2004, 10:24 PM
I second the idiocity of the ChristinaB argument.

JohnShaft
05-26-2004, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I second the idiocity of the ChristinaB argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

Second? Dude I think by now you've twelthed it or something.

ChristinaB
05-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Unless he had a great read on his opponent, he could have been going in JJ vs. QQ as easily as JJ vs. TT. So there was an element of luck before he put his money in as well.

It is too convenient to judge a hand based on what pocket cards they flip, unless he had a read and "knew" he was ahead. I doubt he knew, and was both lucky that he was ahead preflop, and lucky that he sucked out on the river.

Ed Miller
05-26-2004, 10:32 PM
But Christina, this whole defense has been pretty ridiculous.

The whole argument is totally absurd. You have to get lucky to win whether you are the favorite or not. Greg got the cards he needed. LUCKY PLAYER. Leave it at that.

You guys look REALLY silly to me yelling at ChristinaB over something like this.

Tosh
05-26-2004, 10:36 PM
I absolutely adore the Ed Miller sense of humour.

Tosh
05-26-2004, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless he had a great read on his opponent, he could have been going in JJ vs. QQ as easily as JJ vs. TT. So there was an element of luck before he put his money in as well.

It is too convenient to judge a hand based on what pocket cards they flip, unless he had a read and "knew" he was ahead. I doubt he knew, and was both lucky that he was ahead preflop, and lucky that he sucked out on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always feel lucky when I make a call and my opponent has worse cards than me.

HUSKER'66
05-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Oh....because your a big badass writer, you can take the high road now? Is that how it is? I'm sure out of the 4668 posts of yours, I'd find one or two where you've felt strongly enough to point out and post against something you felt was wrong.

Husker

edited because of MH's semantics.....feel better now?!?

HUSKER'66
05-26-2004, 10:43 PM
Unless he had a great read on his opponent

His read was much better than his opponents.

Husker

J_V
05-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Stop backpeddling you hack. Of course he's lucky to be where he is. But you said he suckout. For anyone w/ a clue, justice was served.

fluff
05-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Hey Ed Miller NPA, (or is it NPA Ed Miller? - not sure about these poker honorifics),

Stop trolling the Zoo and finish that damn book so I can buy it!

That is all, thank you.

Mike Haven
05-26-2004, 10:48 PM
4668 (as at time of writing) is not "almost 5000"

edit:

semantics schmemantics

i was picking up on the other bit of your post /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ed Miller
05-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Hey Ed Miller NPA, (or is it NPA Ed Miller? - not sure about these poker honorifics),

That is all, thank you.

Done (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=709311&page=0&view=co llapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)... at least sort of.

Also, the phrase "trolling the Zoo" is funny.

Ed Miller
05-26-2004, 10:50 PM
4668 (as at time of writing) is not "almost 5000"

I got a long night ahead of me.

ChristinaB
05-26-2004, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stop backpeddling you hack. Of course he's lucky to be where he is. But you said he suckout. For anyone w/ a clue, justice was served.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you are looking for justice? You will find no justice in poker.

uuDevil
05-26-2004, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

That is all, thank you.

Done (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=709311&page=0&view=co llapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)... at least sort of.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew something good would come out of that thread!
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ChristinaB
05-26-2004, 11:40 PM
Raymer Update:

(Tosh and Husker - please ignore all references to rivers)

Greg now in 3rd -- two amazing rivers

Josh Arieh $2,146,000 Chip Leader
John Murphy $1,484,000
Greg Raymer $1,176,000

According to Pokerpages.com (http://www2.pokerpages.com/blog/index.php?itemid=15)

Greg caught two rivers (one a runner-runner flush).

4:27 PM
Greg Raymer doubles up through Marcel Luske. Raymer all in with A-A preflop, Luske with A-K, the board comes Q-Q-7-7-X.

5:20 PM
Tobias Persson eliminated in 55th.
Persson all in preflop with 10-10 against Greg Raymer's J-J. The flop came 6-9-10 with two spades, giving Persson a set of tens. The turn was 8s, giving Raymer a flush draw and a straight draw. The river was another spade, giving Raymer a runner-runner flush.

6:14 PM
Ali Eslami eliminated in 49th by Greg Raymer.
No details except that Ali was in front until the river, when Raymer hit a 10 for a straight.
The pot puts Raymer over $1 million.

Tosh
05-26-2004, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

(Tosh and Husker - please ignore all references to rivers)

[/ QUOTE ]

Please note the other dozen people agreeing and the 0 on your side.